Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BF4 and party chat, how to actually turn on party chat and have it work

4 posters

Go down

BF4 and party chat, how to actually turn on party chat and have it work Empty BF4 and party chat, how to actually turn on party chat and have it work

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:22 am

As I haven't played BF4 yet I don't know of the party chat issue with it, but just saw this post on Reddit, so it could help people having problems.

So anyone who's been playing Battlefield 4 should know, party chat tends to be a broken mess. I originally thought this was an Xbox One issue altogether, but it appears to only be an issue when playing BF4 as I've been told any attempts with other games seem to work fine (correct me if I'm wrong, I only own the one game so far)

Essentially, for those unaware, joining a party, and attempting to turn on party chat while playing BF4 prevents users from actually successfully turning on Party Chat. I've yet to ever manage to get it working as long as BF4 was running.

The solution, for a user attempting to join a party, is to simply make sure BF4 is not running at the time of joining a party and starting chat. BF4 has to be closed completely, so either form parties, or join an existing party before you start up BF4, or force close BF4 and then join and start chat.

This seems to work every time, we had played for 4 hours last night with a full party of constantly rotating players. Only people joining the party at the time will need to do this, so if you have 4 people who've succesfully joined and started chat, they won't need to do it each time a new member joins. Only the one newly joining player will need to.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

BF4 and party chat, how to actually turn on party chat and have it work Empty Re: BF4 and party chat, how to actually turn on party chat and have it work

Post by deepsouth06 Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:53 am

Thanks for this share.
deepsouth06
deepsouth06
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

GamerTag : deepsouth06

Back to top Go down

BF4 and party chat, how to actually turn on party chat and have it work Empty Re: BF4 and party chat, how to actually turn on party chat and have it work

Post by Atrum Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:04 pm

Weren't the CoD guys saying they were using skype as they were also having party chat issues?
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:53 pm

AtrumX wrote:Weren't the CoD guys saying they were using skype as they were also having party chat issues?
Yep we are   its not a game problem its  a party chat problem  and skype seems to be the fast work around and i have notice once you get in a skype call party chat starts working all of a sudden  so u can switch back to it ... if you like 

best part of being in a party chat  and palying bf4  is as soon as some one in your party joins a game the game itself send the whole party invts to join that game (which does not happen on the 360 version)
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down