Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox One Midnight Release - Who's going?

+12
S7 Zalacious
Lickwid Apex
S7 Sticky
Evol Recovery
S7 wonky
S7 Nate
Pharaoh Amun Ra
l Steel l
S7 KnightOwl
OneBadHuskerFan
Atrum
Xpert2010
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Xbox One Midnight Release - Who's going? Empty Xbox One Midnight Release - Who's going?

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:42 am

Just curious as to who will be picking up their reserved systems at midnight, next week Friday.  I think I'm going to pick mine up at midnight, but still deciding if I should take that Friday off or go to work that morning very tired.

Last edited by Xpert2010 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Xbox One Midnight Release - Who's going? Empty Re: Xbox One Midnight Release - Who's going?

Post by Atrum Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:49 am

Ye... No Sad

Best Buy isn't doing one here. I have the day off friday. So I'll pick it up at opening, come home, hook it up and start updates, then get some studying done while all the downloads are running.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Xbox One Midnight Release - Who's going? Empty Re: Xbox One Midnight Release - Who's going?

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:50 am

I'll be picking mine up at midnight.  Whether or not I go to work on Friday depends on the work load, but right now it's not looking like I'll have anything to keep me from taking the day off.  No matter what though, I'm still getting it at midnight.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:16 am

I'm going to midnight release and I have Friday off Very Happy Very Happy
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by l Steel l Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:58 pm

mine is getting shipped 2 me...going to be a long morning of starring out the window till it arrives

l Steel l
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:20 pm

What's everyone [that won't be working] going to be playing launch day?
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:50 pm

if (!working) {
     game_played = BattleField4;
}

I have AC4 and Forza 5 ordered, but I won't get them until a week after release.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:00 pm

I'm considering just jumping into Forza 5.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:33 pm

AtrumX wrote:What's everyone [that won't be working] going to be playing launch day?
First game I'll be playing is Forza 5 as that's the only physical game I'm getting.  If I play BF4 it will be much later on due to having to take the hours to download it.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:58 pm

11/22 marks the first day of my Turkey Day vacation.  I'll be off from that Friday through turkey day week.  I'm picking it up midnight but I won't fire it up until Friday morning some time.  I'm picking up a new 60 inch TV, don't want to play it on anything but that.. Wink
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : Halo 4 3rd in command
GamerTag : Pharaoh Amun Ra

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:06 pm

S7 Pharaoh wrote:11/22 marks the first day of my Turkey Day vacation.  I'll be off from that Friday through turkey day week.  I'm picking it up midnight but I won't fire it up until Friday morning some time.  I'm picking up a new 60 inch TV, don't want to play it on anything but that.. Wink
If I were getting it at midnight, I would hook it up and run whatever game I want to play. 30Gb download would do well to run overnight.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:08 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Pharaoh wrote:11/22 marks the first day of my Turkey Day vacation.  I'll be off from that Friday through turkey day week.  I'm picking it up midnight but I won't fire it up until Friday morning some time.  I'm picking up a new 60 inch TV, don't want to play it on anything but that.. Wink
If I were getting it at midnight, I would hook it up and run whatever game I want to play. 30Gb download would do well to run overnight.
Valid point.  I might not be able to keep my hands off if I plug it in though. lol.
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : Halo 4 3rd in command
GamerTag : Pharaoh Amun Ra

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:26 am

Unfortunately I'll be at camp swift that weekend...

But I did go speak to the manager at Gamestop and since I'm number 11 and 12 on the list and its already paid off, he will hold onto them for me till I return
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:57 pm

me
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:01 am

I will be unless some child of mine decides to be born around the day

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:33 am

just called an confirmed my bestbuy will be opened

so for sure ill be getting my day 1 xbox @ midnight
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:15 am

I'm in for the Forza 5. Its the only game I have planned for the X1 at this time. Exclusives aside, titles are going to end up on my PS4.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:16 am

I ordered mine direct from the Microsoft store so I hope I get mine on launch. Been checking the tracking number every couple of hours Smile
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:14 am

Only fourteen and a half hours to go. Cool
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:40 am

Dear Best Buy: Please don't leave a soft charge on my bank account until the day before launch then remove it and not verify the charge because I transferred $$ between accounts and now the money won't post back to the correct account until Midnight, at which point I will simultaneously have my order auto cancelled, and have the funds in the account to fulfill the order.

#OnWithSupport
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:08 am

AtrumX wrote:Dear Best Buy: Please don't leave a soft charge on my bank account until the day before launch then remove it and not verify the charge because I transferred $$ between accounts and now the money won't post back to the correct account until Midnight, at which point I will simultaneously have my order auto cancelled, and have the funds in the account to fulfill the order.

#OnWithSupport
That sounds fun.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:35 am

Yeah, long story short... BBY is going to try 2 more times during the day and can't delay it until funds arrive. I didn't opt-in for overdrafts at my bank and they can't change that to allow the charge until, you guessed it, midnight tonight.

I decided to go around the online system, tell the store manager that my xbox is sitting there and I'm going to give their individual store more revenue and cancel this preorder if they set it aside with my name on it. So, "It is finished"
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:43 am

AtrumX wrote:Yeah, long story short... BBY is going to try 2 more times during the day and can't delay it until funds arrive. I didn't opt-in for overdrafts at my bank and they can't change that to allow the charge until, you guessed it, midnight tonight.

I decided to go around the online system, tell the store manager that my xbox is sitting there and I'm going to give their individual store more revenue and cancel this preorder if they set it aside with my name on it. So, "It is finished"
Cool.  I had some inital troubles when I first pre-ordered. I think I entered my card information incorrectly, and my preorder was about to be cancelled.  I got on the phone with Best Buy support and they fixed the problem for me.  And a couple days ago I got an email saying my per-order may be at risk of being cancelled because of previous issues.  So I started freaking out, but I think it was just stating that "ya, there were some issues in the past, just make sure you have sufficient funds so it doesn't happen again" kind of thing.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:17 pm

Woooo hoooo tracking information just updated. Will be on tomorrow night. Will someone hold my hand in some BF4? Only played the demo for like 20 mins.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Got my notification from Amazon- mine should be here tomorrow too!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next