Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Conference poll

+13
Animefrk122
DeadSockPuppet
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Epic
S7 Coolhand
S7 OC
Atrum
S7 Interseptor
S7 mrmiller
DerangeMaverick
Xpert2010
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Sticky
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

now you know ALot more about both so XB1 or PS4

Post Conference poll   - Page 2 I_vote_lcap77%Post Conference poll   - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 77% 
[ 17 ]
Post Conference poll   - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%Post Conference poll   - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 22

Post Conference poll   - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Conference poll

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:02 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
Additional details about the PlayStation 4 have begun to emerge following last night's announcements. In addition to be region-free, we've now learned that that the system's 500GB hard drive
can be removed and upgraded. Sony Worldwide Studio Head, Shuhei
Yoshida, confirmed the news via Twitter early this morning. The move
gives the PS4 yet another advantage over the Xbox One, which makes the hard drive inaccessible to consumers.

Link - http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-playstation-4-hard-drive-is-removable-upgradable

ps3 did that for a long time then they stop allowing people to plug in externals

xb1 does not need a bigger Hard drive as alot will be saved on cloud games are really the only thing installed to hard drive
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:09 pm

S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:59 pm

S7 OC wrote:Microsoft take all my money now.
This.....BOOM!!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:06 pm

I didn't usually trade in games or borrow/rent/lend so that won't be an issue, nor will region restrictions. Most of my friends will be on Xbone and it will have the games I want (especially since PS4 isn't back compatible for me to play God of War or Uncharted).
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:43 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:I didn't usually trade in games or borrow/rent/lend so that won't be an issue, nor will region restrictions. Most of my friends will be on Xbone and it will have the games I want (especially since PS4 isn't back compatible for me to play God of War or Uncharted).

word up and 2nd
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Animefrk122 Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:41 pm

IDK, atm because of this statement from microsoft blog is the only reason why I dont want to buy an XB1 yet unless they change this....

Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends. Loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners.

As we move into this new generation of games and entertainment, from time to time, Microsoft may change its policies, terms, products and services to reflect modifications and improvements to our services, feedback from customers and our business partners or changes in our business priorities and business models or for other reasons. We may also cease to offer certain services or products for similar reasons.

This is the reason why bc it is trying to kill used games or lending a game out to someone i think at least
Animefrk122
Animefrk122
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Animefrk122

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:13 am

Sounds like it's a big step towards allowing you to share games with friends. Huge plus for me.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:24 am

Well I will be getting the XBONER, but probably not until christmas, I still have some 360 games I need to finish. I will not be getting a PS4 since I don't see it being something I would really use, now that the xbone has a blu ray. PS4, 3 to 5 titles that are exclusive and nobody to play with, I can rent games on it at($15/month or $180/year) doesn't  justify me buying it. Now if I had more free time and $$$ then maybe, I think Ill take the $400 + $180 gamefly and put it into a PC or some other hobby...
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:30 am

So I've been thinking about how much I want to save for an Xbox one. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm I love me some Xbox kool aide.
So I figure if I can save around $700 ish I should be good between the system itself games and other accessories/second controler I should be good.  So about $120 a month for the next 6 months I should be in good shape. I figure I get 2-3 pay checks a month $60 dollars per check and I will be in great shape to buy a Xbox one and more. XD yaaa

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by The JDG Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:59 am

$700 seems about right. I'll most likely pass on a second controller to put more into a headset, although that's kinda redundant since I don't really say sh1t. I've got a good shot to win my company baseball league, so there's about $400 towards the total. I can donate plasma about 3 blocks way. How much do they give for that nowadays?
The JDG
The JDG
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : The JDG

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:24 am

S7 OC wrote:So I've been thinking about how much I want to save for an Xbox one. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm I love me some Xbox kool aide.
So I figure if I can save around $700 ish I should be good between the system itself games and other accessories/second controler I should be good.  So about $120 a month for the next 6 months I should be in good shape. I figure I get 2-3 pay checks a month $60 dollars per check and I will be in great shape to buy a Xbox one and more. XD yaaa

$700 is what I'm shooting for.  Gives me enough for the console, 2 games and a headset.  Will probably throw in a plug and play charger so it might be a few bucks more than $700, but pretty close.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:24 am

Posting replys looks different... anyway I'm really looking forward to the Xbox One release.  Many games being released for it look amazing and incredibly fun.  I'm really looking forward to Destiny, The Division, and Titanfall.  There are other games that look great too.  Seems like my Xbox One game library is going to expand quickly.  Good thing I've been saving for this for awhile already.  I'll probably get three games at launch, a play-and-charge, and maybe a headset.  Can't wait to beat Interceptors Drivatar!!!!

Last edited by Xpert2010 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:36 am

Why is there no button for both....?
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:17 am

Xpert2010 wrote:Posting replys looks different... anyway I'm really looking forward to the Xbox One release.  Many games being released for it look amazing and incredibly fun.  I'm really looking forward to Destiny, The Division, and Titanfall.  There are other games that look great too.  Seems like my Xbox One game library is going to expand quickly.  Good thing I've been saving for this for awhile already.  I'll probably get three games at launch, a play-and-charge, and maybe a headset.  Can't wait to beat Interceptors Drivatar!!!!

Posting, yes it does and I don't know why.  I'll have to check into that...

And you might not get to race my Drivatar.  Right now I am leaning heavly towards the PS4 as my first console for the next Gen.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:27 am

lol why!?!?!?!
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:39 am

Xpert2010 wrote:lol why!?!?!?!

My guess is the non-restricted used games is the #1 answer.  I have to admit when Sony threw that gauntlet down I seriously re-considered my XBone pre-order.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:40 am

I have been telling you guys for days now.  The PS4 is $100 cheaper.  It's region free (probably doubling it library over time with Japanese releases).  Less restrictions on used games.  The ability to rent and keep my GF account.  No DRM and no online requirements.  furthermore, I don't like what MS is doing with their policies.  I feel that think they are high and mighty after this generation and they can do what they want.  They just assume that every 360 owner will pony up for a XTV.  They are screwing the gamers that live in rural areas, overseas and in service to this country.  The only thing I can do is vote with my dollars.  Will I buy an XTV?  almost assurdly as I am a gamer and I will want to play some of the XTV exclusives.  But I can still send a message to MS for launch.

Meanwhile Sony is hungry.  That have made a more powerful system and offering it at a lower price.  They treat their subscribing members better with Free Games, discounts, betas and more.  Hell, one of their launch titles will be Free to Plus members (Driveclub).  That means I can send a message to MS, get a PS4 and 2 games and still come out for less that just buying an XTV.

Now that all said, I am pretty impulsive buyer and I never say never.  If the XTV launches first I may breakdown and buy it lol.  But that is not the plan.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:38 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:I have been telling you guys for days now.  The PS4 is $100 cheaper.  It's region free (probably doubling it library over time with Japanese releases).  Less restrictions on used games.  The ability to rent and keep my GF account.  No DRM and no online requirements.  furthermore, I don't like what MS is doing with their policies.  I feel that think they are high and mighty after this generation and they can do what they want.  They just assume that every 360 owner will pony up for a XTV.  They are screwing the gamers that live in rural areas, overseas and in service to this country.  The only thing I can do is vote with my dollars.  Will I buy an XTV?  almost assurdly as I am a gamer and I will want to play some of the XTV exclusives.  But I can still send a message to MS for launch.

Meanwhile Sony is hungry.  That have made a more powerful system and offering it at a lower price.  They treat their subscribing members better with Free Games, discounts, betas and more.  Hell, one of their launch titles will be Free to Plus members (Driveclub).  That means I can send a message to MS, get a PS4 and 2 games and still come out for less that just buying an XTV.

Now that all said, I am pretty impulsive buyer and I never say never.  If the XTV launches first I may breakdown and buy it lol.  But that is not the plan.

The PS4 isn't more powerful. It has a lower throughput than the XBO. eDRAM makes a big difference and more than makes up for the PS4 having DDR5. People that are saying the PS4 is faster don't know what they're talking about and are probably just looking at CPU/GPU speeds which haven't been relevant for decades now. /rant

Also, I play with quite a few of my friends that are stationed overseas online right now. Just sayin'
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:45 am

Well, that's cool.  I didn't realize that all our service men and woman had constant highspeed internet connection all the time now.  Everyday, everywhere.  Sweet.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:59 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:Well, that's cool.  I didn't realize that all our service men and woman had constant highspeed internet connection all the time now.  Everyday, everywhere.  Sweet.

Well if they're away from base I doubt they're gaming anyway lol.

I totally agree with you and find it bizarre that Microsoft hasn't said anything on it. In the past they've done a lot of events and giveaways for people stationed away from home. Even for non-military users... if I want to have an xbox setup downstairs that I only use to play movies and single-player games or kinect games with my family I don't want to bother connecting it to the network. Not an issue for me as it will just connect to wireless but still an annoyance.

I was just pointing out that it's not ridiculous to think they'll be able to get connected somewhat frequently.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:00 pm

Are you really going to sacrifice the ability to play with this clan, your friends, just to make some silly point to Microsoft that isn't going to matter to them since Xbox One preorders are full in many locations already?  *sniffle sniffle*
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:08 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:Well, that's cool.  I didn't realize that all our service men and woman had constant highspeed internet connection all the time now.  Everyday, everywhere.  Sweet.

Well if they're away from base I doubt they're gaming anyway lol.

I totally agree with you and find it bizarre that Microsoft hasn't said anything on it. In the past they've done a lot of events and giveaways for people stationed away from home. Even for non-military users... if I want to have an xbox setup downstairs that I only use to play movies and single-player games or kinect games with my family I don't want to bother connecting it to the network. Not an issue for me as it will just connect to wireless but still an annoyance.

I was just pointing out that it's not ridiculous to think they'll be able to get connected somewhat frequently.

They did say something about it.  Yesterday at E3, Don Mattrick (MS exec) said “We have a product for people who aren’t able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360”.  That is their solution.  Classy.

@ Xpert - It's a combination of many things and yes I am very serious about it.

Last edited by S7 Interseptor on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:08 pm

bummer ZaK, Its been nice playing with ya,jk LOL
I think you make great points and I agree with ya on most of them. I think they are making some mistakes but I think whatever the publishers of the games do to restrict used,rented games most of them will do it for both systems,except maybe on kid games like Spyro. I want a preimum service and games so I'll pay for it and for those people that live in without internet, suck to be them, less kids playing online. I think MS will lose a lot of buisness this hoilday season because of the  always online thing, but I think most  online games on the PS4 will do it too. If I had no friends and just played single player games mostly then PS4 would be what I would buy, but having a pool table at the house and nobody play with ......lame.....who cares if you have a poll table..
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:19 pm

Well, obviously, I would like more of my friends to join me over on the PS4 if possible.  I know of a few who are going to be getting it or both already.  Apex and Reggie B are getting both at launch and I figure a few more will too.

As for clan gaming, I currently only play Forza with the clan and most of my gaming time ends up being SP games and co-op.  I will definitely miss "CRUSHING DREAMS!" in Forza and the occasional Poker Tourney or sitting in chat but I will get an XTV eventually.  It just bothers me and if we don't speak up over the stuff that bothers us then people will continue to walk over us all the time.  I stopped buying non-zombie COD's for the same reason.  And I generally say NO to overpriced DLC as well. 

I am just one person and I realize that it doesn't make a big difference but it's all I can do.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:20 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
They did say something about it.  Yesterday at E3, Don Mattrick (MS exec) said “We have a product for people who aren’t able to get some form of connectivity; it’s called Xbox 360”.  That is their solution.  Classy.

@ Xpert - It's a combination of many things and yes I am very serious about it.

To be fair, all he was doing was stating the truth.  If you don't have an internet connection and want to game then the XBone is not for you.  I don't think he was being an ass about it, just stating the simple truth.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next