Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomb Raider

+6
S7 mrmiller
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Panzer
Atrum
S7 DROOPY
S7 Interseptor
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tomb Raider Empty Tomb Raider

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:46 am

I just got the game last night from GF and I must say that I am very impressed so far. I only got to play for a few hours so far but it has been fantastic. It's darker, grittier, more mature and it really works. Some of the situations I have been in already are amazing. Not going to spoil anything but the game has had several "Holy Sh!t!" moments. Sometimes when you succeed and sometimes when you fail. The deaths are EPIC and sometimes worth dieing just to see how she dies.

The graphics are top notch too. Character animation is also fantastic and controls are spot on. The story is also very good so far and just the general feel of the game is special. There are tons of little things like how Lara holds and turns the torch when you are looking around in 3rd person view. I can't really explain it but it's really well done. In fact, everything about this game has a very polished feel to it. I am only a few hours in so I will reserve final judgement till later but so far I am loving it. Can't wait to play more.

Anyone else grab this? Thoughts?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Tomb Raider Empty Re: Tomb Raider

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:59 am

its On my gamefly q, but I'm an a$$hole and don't really like to play adventure games as a girl, was always a prob for me, it does look amazing
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:18 pm

To each his own man. I don't judge. For some reason I never had a problem with it. Maybe it was the view Wink
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:26 pm

I've never played a tomb raider game. I recall this one looking pretty impressive at last E3. I could see myself snagging it used. As it is I've got a few games I'm going through now so this is on the 'Play this year" game list
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:19 pm

I was able to purchase it over Steam and I'm loving it. I'm about 2.5 hours into it with about 35% done. So I'm assuming a 7-8 hour long completion. The combat is simple at first but you have a leveling up tree that allows you to advance and become a better overall killer making the game more complex as you go. My only complaint is in the first 10-15 minutes alone the action scenes you have Lara Croft going through feel forced because of how out of natural possibility they are. Ill update you guys on the Multiplier when I get around to it but for now I would say rent the game its worth that much but otherwise its a great one run single player game.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:42 pm

I've never been a Tomb Raider fan but I saw a commercial for this one and it seems pretty good. And from what I hear it sounds like this is a action packed early years Lara, kinda like when they rebooted 007 with Daniel Craig.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:17 am

Correct, this is Lara's origin story and complete reboot of the series. Definitely worth a look. Good stuff. If it turns out to be 6-7 hours, I would definitely recommend a rent but worth a look all the same.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:02 am

I just sent back Aliens, so I should get Tomb Raider or Dead Space 3 next. Both sound good, and I'm looking forward to them both.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:14 pm

I might pick this up when the price drops. It looks like a great game, but I don't want to spend $60 and I'm not a fan of renting.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:42 pm

I have always been a fan of Tomb Raider and played most, will get this one as well.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:52 am

UPDATE: I just played a big chunk this weekend and got pretty seriously into the game. I estimate that I am now a little over half way through the game and it just keeps getting better. It was a wild ride and the game continued to surprise me with new action sequences. So far there has been very little repetitiveness. Even in the areas you revisit, things are very different with more places to explore and new way to get around making new places reachable that were previously unavailable. Mostly it's just been a very well paced enjoyable ride.

As for the time it takes to complete... With my style of play it is going to take me 12-14 hours to complete the main story and the optional tombs (best guess). You could certainly run through it faster if you really just pushed from one cut scene to the next but even then I am not sure 6-7 hours is even plausible. Personally I like exploring the environment and looking for things so it is taking me longer but I would say it is a solid 10+ hour game.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:55 am

Thanks for the micro-review Zak, I'll probably pick this up for the wife (and hey, since I'll own it then - I might as well play through)
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:55 pm

Just finished up the story. Amazing ride from start to finish. The story doesn't disappoint either. Great game. I highly recommend to anyone. I still have some stuff to explore in my free time but final completion time is probably around 18-20 hours. And that is with a good bit of exploring. I only have about 20% of the items and challenges incomplete. Great game.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue May 28, 2013 4:55 pm

Ok, just got this weekend.
Bored, Holiday weekend, remembered I didn't have it--so boom.

Now, I've told you that I've played the others and loved them all. This one is on a whole new level. The "reborn" patch is correct, as this one sometimes had me wonder if this was indeed TR? Not to spoil it for others, but there have been times I thought I was playing GOW ducking/covering behind walls while taking machine gun fire! Peeking out to get headshots Shocked -- REALLY? in Tomb Raider? Wonderful!

I haven't played a game that has enveloped me this much since.....I can't even recall when. What a superb game this was, the portrayal of Lara Croft as an innocent archaeologist becoming a ruthless killer was executed very well. At first I wasn't too sure on what to expect from the story line of this game but I was rather surprised on how good it was.

Just want to say I'm only sad that I didn't grab this on launch. I've been a fool but making up for it now.

***** 5 Stars!
The best TR yet!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue May 28, 2013 5:03 pm

Well I just sent Bioshock back to Gamefly, so now I must move Tomb Raider to the top of the list! Thanks for the reminder.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue May 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Nice review klown. I'll probably pick this one up for a play-through this summer.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue May 28, 2013 5:42 pm

I played and finished this game up about a week ago or so. I had no idea what to expect as I just went off the 9.1 rating it has on Gamefly. I ended up really liking the game and was very happy I gave it a try.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue May 28, 2013 6:01 pm

I tried to tell you guys. Amazing game. One of the best games I have played in quite some time. Not just TR but any game. Playing my 2nd playthrough now.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue May 28, 2013 8:02 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:I tried to tell you guys. Amazing game. One of the best games I have played in quite some time. Not just TR but any game. Playing my 2nd playthrough now.

Sorry, you're comments hold less water because you're a PSZak fanboy, this is also retroactive to all of your posts to the beginning of time.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed May 29, 2013 10:09 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:I tried to tell you guys. Amazing game. One of the best games I have played in quite some time. Not just TR but any game. Playing my 2nd playthrough now.

Yeah, going back to play through again myself. Going to collect every relic, every map, go inside every tomb, find every document, and every GPS cache this island has hidden! This game is an absolute masterpiece from the graphics, to the sounds/music, to the action which is non-stop. Crystal Dynamics is pure programming genuis! Even gave the multiplayer a go...had fun running and "shot-gunning" for awhile Twisted Evil

The IGN review after launch:

The Verdict

Tomb Raider is well-written, sympathetic, exciting, beautiful and just incredibly well-made. The single-player rarely makes a mis-step, and though Lara's quick transformation into a hardened killer seems at odds with the narrative at first, the game quickly moves past it. It is a superb action game that brings a new emotional dimension to one of gaming's most enduring icons, and repositions her alongside Nathan Drake at the top of gaming's action-hero heirarchy.

S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Thu May 30, 2013 9:43 am

I think I'll pick it up this week.....wife is gone all next week. Quite Game Time here I come!
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu May 30, 2013 10:28 am

It was the composer video talking about the great music score that got you wasn't it Charles? Wink
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu May 30, 2013 12:53 pm

S7 Uncle Charles wrote:Quite Game Time here I come!

That's when the baby is drugged to sleep, right? J/k Very Happy
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Fri May 31, 2013 8:25 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:It was the composer video talking about the great music score that got you wasn't it Charles? Wink
Well....that certainly helps!
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:21 am

I'm not sure how far along I am in the game (I think it says something like 70% complete in the load screen, but I'm getting ready to go "up river") but it's an amazing game. I'm glad I picked it up, as it's more of an actioner than I had thought it would be. I'm looking forward to finishing this one up and seeing how it plays out. Anyone else in the doldrums of the summer game drought that is looking for something to play needs to pick this up, as I think it is super cheap right now ($20 on Amazon).

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next