Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Military Question

+3
S7 Glock
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Zero
7 posters

Go down

Random Military Question Empty Random Military Question

Post by S7 Zero Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:11 pm

OK, this has been bothering me for a while. What is the US forces' teach you to do in combat, when you are reloading. Do they tell you to simply drop the magazine and leave it? Do you keep it on you? Do you collect dropped magazines if the area is secure? I know military costs are staggering, and magazines are pretty costly for civilians. That however, may not apply to the military though. I just know, if they were MY magazines and I was paying, I wouldn't let them hit the ground
S7 Zero
S7 Zero
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Sony: DKMU_OmniZero

Back to top Go down

Random Military Question Empty Re: Random Military Question

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:23 pm

You carry a magazine harness on both sides of the flak jacket. Each harness holds 3 or 4 mags depending on the ones used, you can add more mag holders if needed therefore you can have more than just two, plus you have on cammy trousers with huge pockets that can be used for more mags. Only thing is hitting the deck with those in your pockets hurt like crazy but is done often.

FULL METAL JACKETS! lol
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:08 pm

When in combat and dealing with a life and death situation... which is most of the time... saving money and an empty magazine is not very important and/or suggested... u can police up your empty gear later

And before u ask no... we do not stop and police our brass either.. I know brass isn't cheap either, but sh!t happens...
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 MCampbell Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:55 pm

When you are actively engaging a target in combat your main priority is to get as many rounds accurately on your target as you can eliminating the threat. If you are using cover and concealment and not bounding from point to point the procedure that I use is depending on if I am in the kneeling position I would fire my rounds take my magazine and put it between my thigh and leg that is on the ground to secure it so that I don't get sand all in it. I carry a magazine dump pouch so that I can put my empty ones in it. As for as the last deployment my job was training the Iraq Police Swat teams so we didn't get that much action we were in an advisory roll for the most point. During my deployment to Iraq in 2005 that was the method that I used if you cant pick up your magazine then just leave it you will get issued more when you get back to the base from your unit supply no big deal.

S7 MCampbell
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 MCampbell

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zero Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:07 pm

Well, you all make very good points. What Mcamp says makes a lot of sense, as far as setting the magazine down. I just couldn't imagine droping magazines freely. with my luck I would break half of the dropped ones.
S7 Zero
S7 Zero
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:30 am

Don't think so....many have been dropped/thrown but few are broken. What makes you ask this anyway? Who really cares about the magazines given for M16's etc.? You're not forced to pay for these items from your check bro...don't "over think" the situation, just perform and make it out alive....they aren't "THAT" expensive anyway.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:14 am

They're made in China anyway just like our grenades lol.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:02 am

mags are tough, and it takes a bit of abuse to break them. in fact the worse that can happen is they pop open and the spring comes out, but its easy enough to put back together. If you are prone shooting, you can rest your rifle on the bottom of the mag to shoot better, versus resting on your elbow.

i was taught to drop your magazines by your firing position, and later if you could recover them, then so be it. in iraq i had 4 pouches that could hold 3 mags each, plus one loaded, and one strapped to the buttstock; and I was carrying more than the basic 210 load, and believe me it got heavier but i wasn't taking any chances. specially when your on a convoy and you could get ambushed.

the army issued us out magazines like they were candy too. and they were never hand receipted either so once i came back, i brought all 10 mags home with me to use for the next deployment.
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Richie Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:46 am

Or you could be a geardo and buy a dump pouch.
S7 Richie
S7 Richie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Richie

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:54 am

S7 Richie wrote:Or you could be a geardo and buy a dump pouch.

you would be a px ranger
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zero Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:28 pm

Good to know guys, thanks.

Also, does anybody own any RAP-4 paintball guns? They are magazine fed paintball replica models of the M4 rifle. They are built specifically for training forces and police. They even eject a shell casing like the real deal when firing.
Random Military Question RAP4_Xpower_Military_Package_FLR
the site: http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/rap4-xpower-mets-military-package also has a video showing the run down of the gun.
S7 Zero
S7 Zero
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Richie Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:02 pm

Seems gimmicky to me but I havent used one.
S7 Richie
S7 Richie
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Richie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down