Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dishonored

+2
S7 OC
S7 Interseptor
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dishonored Empty Dishonored

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:27 am

Dishonored shipped to me from GameFly over the weekend and I should have it be Wednesday. Anyone else getting it? I have been watching it for a while and I have no idea if its going to be any good or not but it has captured my interest. Anyone else looking at this one?

P.S. I'll let you guys know what I think after I have spent a few days with it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Dishonored Empty Re: Dishonored

Post by S7 OC Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:28 am

Yes mine shipped from game fly as well and I should have it Wed or Thursday

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:32 am

S7 OC wrote:Yes mine shipped from game fly as well and I should have it Wed or Thursday

They shipped mine on Saturday this time. Usually they ship on Monday's and I don't get them till Thursday so I am hoping I get it a little earlier this time.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:45 am

True same here.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:47 am

Surprisingly a few sites already have reviews up. No review embargo FTW! Good News! It looks like it is getting great reviews.

IGN - 9.2 ("Amazing")

Link - http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/08/dishonored-review

Joystiq - 4.5/5

Link - http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/08/dishonored-review/
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:50 am

Kotaku Quote

Where most games have strict rules and guidelines, Dishonored has suggestions. Suggestions that it encourages you to mess around with at every turn. Blending the do-what-you-want structure of Deus Ex with the masterful world design of BioShock, this game is really something special.

YES PLEASE!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:58 am

Wow, I totally forgot about this game. I remember seeing the trailer for it a little while back that looked awesome, but I didn't think that it was releasing so soon. I'll have to read up about general information of the game and watch some videos. I doubt that I'll be making any purchase decisions any time soon with Halo 4 releasing early next month and a possibility of getting Assassins Creed 3 and War Z beta this month.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:02 am

Xpert2010 wrote:Wow, I totally forgot about this game. I remember seeing the trailer for it a little while back that looked awesome, but I didn't think that it was releasing so soon. I'll have to read up about general information of the game and watch some videos. I doubt that I'll be making any purchase decisions any time soon with Halo 4 releasing early next month and a possibility of getting Assassins Creed 3 and War Z beta this month.

This is exactly why I have GameFly. To take chances on games that I would not normally want to spend $60 on. Or in this case an overloaded holiday season with a bunch of good games. I can't afford them all but I don't want to miss out either.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:38 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:
Xpert2010 wrote:Wow, I totally forgot about this game. I remember seeing the trailer for it a little while back that looked awesome, but I didn't think that it was releasing so soon. I'll have to read up about general information of the game and watch some videos. I doubt that I'll be making any purchase decisions any time soon with Halo 4 releasing early next month and a possibility of getting Assassins Creed 3 and War Z beta this month.

This is exactly why I have GameFly. To take chances on games that I would not normally want to spend $60 on. Or in this case an overloaded holiday season with a bunch of good games. I can't afford them all but I don't want to miss out either.

For me it's: I can afford them all, I don't want to miss out on them, but I don't have the time to play all of them.

EDIT: Plus, I really prefer to buy new copies of games rather than through a rental service or buying used copies. My experieces with buying used games has been really sh1tty.
One day I might be like: I feel like playing Bioshock, oh look, I still have it!
Instead of: I feel like playing Biosock, oh wait, I traded that in... d@mn. OR I only rented it before... now I'll have to rent it again...
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:35 pm

I feel ya on the buying/owning games. I usually try to buy the good ones and keep them for my collection. (when I can afford to Wink )

P.S. I totally own Bioshock could play that tonight if I wanted to LOL!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:42 pm

I'm in the same boat as Xpert. Dishonored and Fifa both look fun and would normally get the buy but I don't have enough time for more than maybe 2 games at a time.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:01 pm

I'll have to look into this one. I never played Bioshock but I loved Deus Ex. I'll wait until some of you guys throw up some reviews and see what it's like.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:07 am

Some cool/ helpful info for those who are going to be playing this game. And for those on the edge it gives you a bit of insight to dishonored.

http://kotaku.com/5950016/before-you-start-tips-for-playing-dishonored-the-best-way

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:41 am

I got the game sat from game fly and played for the first time last night. I am really liking the way the game plays and the artistic style they use. Graphics are not perfect but they fit the game. I'm looking forward to getting some more play time into it this after noon/tonight.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:14 pm

So for the couple of you that have gotten a chance to play this a bit do any of you have any thoughts/comments/concerns? I've read some reviews and it looks like an interesting game but I was wondering what people I know thought about it rather than just game reviewers.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:41 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:So for the couple of you that have gotten a chance to play this a bit do any of you have any thoughts/comments/concerns? I've read some reviews and it looks like an interesting game but I was wondering what people I know thought about it rather than just game reviewers.

Yeah, I never read those reviews because most of the time they don't really know what they're talking about. Sometimes I find it hard to beleive that they are allowed to write their atricles and post them up on IGN, GameSpot, and anywhere else. I saw a review once about a fighting game, and the reviewer clearly didn't know how to even play a fighting game and he obviously gave it a bad score cause he sucked! I usually look the reviews/ratings by gamers that actually took the time to play the game. I'd like to hear what you guys think of Dishonored too. It may be something that I'll pick up sometime in the distant future.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:49 am

One of the reviews I read gave it a 9.2/10 and from what I read it appears as though he played the game thru at least twice and in some instances he saved the game and reloaded a couple times to see how different actions played out but I don't know what kind of games that reviewer likes.

I take the opinions of the S7 guys more seriously because I know what kinds of games most of you guys tend to play. By seeing your reviews I can get a more accurate picture of the game. Also, I know who's playstyle is closest to mine and thus how well I'll be able to play and enjoy a game.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Well, while I have had the game for a while now I haven’t actually got to put much time into it so all I have is my initial opinion. First impression?... it’s a pretty bad ass game. I really like the art style and universe the game takes place in. It’s a very cool place to explore and exploration is a big part of the game. There are usually at least 4-5 different ways to approach every mission and the fun of the game comes from deciding how YOU want to play. The game is very flexible and open. You can rush head on guns blazing (not my favorite approach but to each his own), sneak around and not kill anyone (you can actually complete the entire game without killing anyone) or kill from the shadows (my personal favorite). And even within those subsets are more choices. You can traditionally sneak, you can sneak on the roof tops, you can possess rats and other small animals to sneak past guards and through otherwise inaccessible areas, set traps, rewire enemy equipment etc… The possibilities are almost endless. You have lots of tools at your disposal and the game lets you figure out how you want to use them. It’s a lot of fun to sit there and think “Hey, I wonder if I can do this?” and then actually do it. I actually can’t wait to play through the game again and try different things out and different approaches.

The only downside to all this is the game gives you a lot of powers very quickly, especially if you search every level for Runes (the main way to upgrade your character). This in turn makes your character VERY powerful, VERY quickly. As such, the game is not very hard depending on how you play. Not being seen or discovered or not killing would still be hard but as soon as you decide to kill there is nothing that can stop you from wiping out a whole map of baddies. I am the bringer of death. The master of my art and I can completely destroy anything in my path, usually without being seen. It’s pretty bad ass, if not a little easy. But that is OK since the fun of the game comes from finding out what you can do with those powers. Sitting back and thinking creatively about how to kill the intended target. Almost all targets have environmental type kills that you can trigger if you listen to conversations and find out what is going on in a level. Mess with the controls here, and the target dies over there. Nice clean death that gives you a way out simply by taking your time and listening. Not to mention the creative non-lethal options.

All in all, I am having a great time with the game and definitely recommend it to anyone looking for something new and interesting. I love new IP’s and this one doesn’t disappoint. It’s fun, creative and set in a very cool world that is fully committed to itself. The story is ok so far but I have heard it’s only so so and just serviceable to move the game along which is a shame because with a stellar story this game could have been elevated to masterpiece status. As is, it just has to settle for ‘bad ass’.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Is there a difficulty setting? If so, what are the different difficulties and what difficulty are you playing?
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:48 pm

I am playing on normal difficulty for my first playthrough. I am not sure how much harder the game gets with a higher difficulty. I will check it out and let you know later. I generally play through a game on 'normal' first. I like to experience the game first and enjoy myself. I reserve later playthroughs for the difficult settings normally. Still pretty sure I would merc anyone I wanted even on a high setting.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:24 pm

All of what you're saying seems to agree with the reviews I read, that the fun of the game is more the can I or what if instead of being difficult. I might have to put this on my Xmas list.

I have to say Zak, you're a bad influence on my wallet cuz you get me into lots of games I might never have picked up (Witcher 2, BF3, SKYRIM) that I always enjoy.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:28 pm

The key here is that you have enjoyed all the games I have recommended. That is all that matters.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Yup, very true.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:04 am

How to be a bad ass in Dishonored. No spoilers, just one guy being a complete bad ass. Check it out...

S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:50 am

That's pretty cool. This seems like the kind of stuff I'd try to pull off to make the game seem a lot more fun. I like how enemies are drawn to the sounds created by the player. I'm not a huge fan of having to open menus mid fight to select an ability, weapon, etc, but I get used to that sort of thing after awhile of playing. Partly why I like PC Skyrim more than Xbox, just assign a spell or weapon to a keyboard number and I can easily switch without having to 'pause the game, scroll down a list, and choose what I want'.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next