Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SKYRIM!!! Revisited

5 posters

Go down

SKYRIM!!! Revisited Empty SKYRIM!!! Revisited

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:51 am

So, in prep for the "SKYRIM!!! Sims" DLC I went back and played a couple hours to get back into things. I forgot how much I enjoy playing this game. I'm guessing that I'm not too far from completing my first run thru on the main quest and my character is higher level than I thought (lvl 38). I also wanted to make sure that I had a good chunk of money so I could start buying plot(s) and such to start building a house on Tuesday.

Since it's been like 6 months since I've played there have been some changes that I hadn't seen yet. I like the mounted combat but the bow is a little awkward from a horse and I don't do nearly as much damage with melee since I'm a two weapon fighter and I can only fight one handed on the horse. Maybe in the next upgrade they'll make it so you can use your shouts from a horse, although it's not too big of a deal.

All things considered, the game is still fantastic and I'm looking forward to both Dawnguard (yup, haven't played it yet) and Hearthside. However, since Dawnguard is about vamp slaying and my chick is a vamp, does that make her like a female Blade or something?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

SKYRIM!!! Revisited Empty Re: SKYRIM!!! Revisited

Post by Atrum Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:04 am

Definitely makes her a female blade. You need to play the soundtrack from Blade while you play now.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:05 am

I haven't played Skyrim in awhile as well. Never even played the expansion too. I wanted to get back into Skyrim, but I had too many other games to play through. I'd really like to play it again, but with Guild Wars 2...
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:17 am

AtrumX wrote:Definitely makes her a female blade. You need to play the soundtrack from Blade while you play now.

@ Atrum - That or a Bloodrayne that's not sh*tty and fights vamps instead of Nazis.

@ Xpert - I probably won't get GW2 (mostly b/c my laptop died) so I thought I'd get back into an RPG for a while. I also have Witcher 2 to work on because I only got a little ways into that before I got RPG'd out and GR:FS came out.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:24 am

I actually need to finish my 2nd playthrough of Witcher 2 myself. Great game.

EDIT: On a related note, I finished up one side of the Dawnguard DLC last night. Good stuff.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:31 am

Yeah, for me, I get shooter'd out pretty easily and I really enjoy playing RPGs. I like Ghost Recon, but I never had a lot of chances to play it whenever other people were playing it. I actually built a computer around 10 months ago that would be powerful enough to run games like Skyrim on high settings. All I had before that was a laptop which would overheat for even the smallest of tasks, so I REALLY needed to invest in a new computer. Only paid around $600 for all my computer parts. I love the loading screens for my PC Skyrim, as they are basically non-existant (compared to the minute long Xbox loading screens).
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:19 pm

Since everyone has been caught up in the Borderlands 2 craze I've been putting in some quality SKYRIM!!! time. I built a house for my first character and then decided to start a new (2nd) character - male redguard warrior.

I have to say I'm having way more fun playing this meat shield than I did with my assassin. Even playing the "good" route I'm really enjoying the quests that I skipped with the assassin. The Companion quests are fun and while I haven't completely worked out the werewolf stuff I'm enjoying it so far.

I think part why I'm enjoying this character more is because I've gotten used to the system, I know what I want to do with the character and thus I'm not wasting skills, time and money on things I won't use or need. I can really shred kids with my assassin but my fighter just mows everything down.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:17 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Since everyone has been caught up in the Borderlands 2 craze I've been putting in some quality SKYRIM!!! time. I built a house for my first character and then decided to start a new (2nd) character - male redguard warrior.

I have to say I'm having way more fun playing this meat shield than I did with my assassin. Even playing the "good" route I'm really enjoying the quests that I skipped with the assassin. The Companion quests are fun and while I haven't completely worked out the werewolf stuff I'm enjoying it so far.

I think part why I'm enjoying this character more is because I've gotten used to the system, I know what I want to do with the character and thus I'm not wasting skills, time and money on things I won't use or need. I can really shred kids with my assassin but my fighter just mows everything down.

You not into Borderlands? I never got to play the first one, and I really like RPGs. But whenever I look at Borderlands now, I just don't see myself being interested in playing it for long. I was thinking of buying it before because everyone was having orgasms over it lol, so I figured it could be a fun game and worth the buy... but the game just seems like 'meh' to me now that I've researched it a bit.

I figure that if I need a break from Guild Wars 2, that I could just go to Skyrim. I never even got to finish the main story of Skyrim because I got caught up in exploration and side quests. One reason why I stopped playing Skyrim was an annoying graphics problem after an update for my graphics card. And then after that was fixed the mouse movement was kind of jumpy. And it was only for Skyrim, all my other games were fine. By the time all that got fixed, I didn't feel like playing it because I was playing through other games.

Knowing how I am with RPGs, since Skyrim has been inactive for a long time, I'll probably start a completely new character because I won't know what all I have previously explored or completed on my existing characters.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:13 pm

Since I'm running a store right now I get like 2-3 hours at most a week to play any video games so I'm not trying to get any new games right now.

I really was enjoying SKYRIM!!! until I got caught up in ME3 and GR:FS and since I beat ME3 and GR has lost some of my interest I'm moving back to SKYRIM!!! I'm kinda doing what you said by starting my warrior and it's making the game new again because it takes different tactics for my fighter to complete tasks. That and I'm picking up quests that I didn't take on my first run. When I started my first character I was taking and doing every quest until miller suggested saving some for later.

The next game I'll probably get will be Blops2 for zombies, but even that I'll probably look into getting online where I can get a good deal and have it delivered to work since I won't be able to make a midnight pickup.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:31 am

Found out the hard way that the Siege on the Dragon Cult is not designed for a 11-14th lvl fighter. I spent probably 3-4 hrs wailing away on it and finally got to the boss and realized it wasn't going to happen at my level with the equipment I have. The three levels I gained were good but now I'll have to work on beefing up my char before trying that again. I guess all the slow grind is done so I just need some real stopping power to take down the last room.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:27 am

I want to get back into this too, but all these other games are taking my limited time. I also liked my melee class over my ranged class, but have not finished the main questline with the melee class (I was waiting on the DLC, but of course haven't done that either). Don't get me wrong, my Ranged class was uber powerful, but the melee was much more fun. I buy the strat guides and meticulously plan out my character builds, so for the most part I can get everything out of them. The problem with that in the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, as they are so super powerful there really is no threat to them and I just walk through the second half of the game. So by the time I finish it I can be a bit burnt out, just because it was a little to easy and kind of boring, all to my own fault- LOL.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:59 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:I want to get back into this too, but all these other games are taking my limited time. I also liked my melee class over my ranged class, but have not finished the main questline with the melee class (I was waiting on the DLC, but of course haven't done that either). Don't get me wrong, my Ranged class was uber powerful, but the melee was much more fun. I buy the strat guides and meticulously plan out my character builds, so for the most part I can get everything out of them. The problem with that in the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, as they are so super powerful there really is no threat to them and I just walk through the second half of the game. So by the time I finish it I can be a bit burnt out, just because it was a little to easy and kind of boring, all to my own fault- LOL.

~mrmiller

Isn't there a difficulty setting? Once you become really powerful, you could set the game on a higher difficulty so you don't feel like you're just walking through everything. When I played, my character was ranged/melee that was more focused on range. I just liked sneaking up on a small group of enemies from a distance and taking them all out as they tried to run to me. I never got past a point where everything was too easy to kill, cause I had my fair share of tough battles in my later levels, but I know what you mean as some dungeons and quests start to NOT pose any challenge.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:02 am

Yeah, the difficulty slider starts at like 20% by default.
I bumped mine up to ~70% and have to be very careful about who I fight.
I don't know how much it changes going to max difficulty but I'm pretty sure no one would find it easy at that point.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:40 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I buy the strat guides and meticulously plan out my character builds, so for the most part I can get everything out of them.

I know what you mean. I got the hardbound tome for SKYRIM!!! and while I know all the info is available on the various Wiki sites, I think the book is way better. As for getting bored, you can run thru and entire dungeon and "drag" all the enemies until to get to the end and then just have a huge NPC stomping fest. That can get old but it's entertaining too.

The main reasons I got back into SKYRIM!!! is because I've always been one to put a ton of hours into RPG games, be they video or pencil and paper, and since I don't have D3 I thought I'd put some work in on something I do have. That and with the DLC there was a new set of plot to work on with joining the Dawnguard and such.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:57 am

Finally took down the Dragon Cult quest. I upped my level to 20, picked up Vilkas as a follower (supposed to be doing a Companions quest) and used a lot of attack, retreat, heal. I'm just glad that the enemies don't heal and reload buffs when I'm running away and healing.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down