Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What runs are you doing for loot?

4 posters

:: General :: PC Games

Go down

What runs are you doing for loot? Empty What runs are you doing for loot?

Post by S7 mrmiller Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:30 pm

I have been doing a new run the past few days, and it only takes about an hour. I think it's good, but would like to hear what you all have been running.

At first I would just run all of act 1 starting at the Crown quest. That was pretty nice, but took about 3-4 hours to get past the Butcher. This run seems to hit the high points and lots of loot in around an hour (some times like 45 min).

1) I start an Act 1 Inferno quest with the "Cursed Hold".
2) When starting in town, go straight to the "Festering Woods". There are 2 Unique/Elite Mobs in the woods, and there are 2 really easy and short Crypts that each house an Elite. In about 10-15 minuets you'll have 4 stacks. Plus there seems to be a treasure goblin quite a a few times. Clear the Crypts and the Elites from the Woods. If the tombstone/invader quest is there, you can get yet another elite and have all 5 Neph stacks here.
3) Take the portal to the Northern Highlands and head to your Left/West. Along the West wall is the Watchtower. The watchtower is another small dungeon with 2 elites and about 50% of the time a Resplendent chest. Clear it in 5-10 min and you have your 5 stacks really fast.
4) Take the portal to the "Halls of Anguish level 2" and move on from there. Again, there will be 2 elites here and I also seem to find a treasure goblin quite often.
5) Move on to the Cursed Hold, clear out the 2 elites and the Jailer. I have been getting really nice drops from the Jailer. No legendary, but level 63 gear with nice stats.
6) After the Jailer is defeated, work your way down to the Butcher. If I find the 2 Elites I go ahead and take them out, but if I find the door to the Butcher I just finish the quest there. I have found one of my Legendary items of a repeat Butcher kill, as he drops tons of stuff.

After my 5 stacks I have about 150% MF. I have a nice 19% MF and high block 20% shield with MF, and an Amulet with 30%. Add that to a nice topazed helm with 31% MF and I've got some good MF without sacrificing too much of my good stat gear. *edit- checked and it was 80% total from gear.

~mrmiller

Last edited by S7 mrmiller on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

What runs are you doing for loot? Empty Re: What runs are you doing for loot?

Post by S7 Sticky Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:35 pm

i just replay act 1 from start to finish killing every mob as i go it works out good for cash and every now and again for an item or 2
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:51 am

Now, I'm not running around with anything at 60... but for reference....

Most of my Legendary Items... 0% Magic Find when i get them... I don't know if that means anything... but I don't wear anything with that stat...
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:22 am

I can tell with my MF gear on I get a lot more Rare drops from the random monsters, but I did find all my Legendary items with no MF gear on (just started using is) but I was level 60 with my Nephalam stacks.

And I was doing all of act 1 (starting wiht the crown quest as the furst one take too long for the low volume of enemies) and hitting all the caves and crypts I could find. It just tooks several hours, and once I had my 5 stacks I didn't want to quit and loose them all.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:55 pm

i'll give that run a try, matt
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:12 pm

It a quick and easy run, with high density of elites and uniques for a lot of loot in a short time. The Watchtower is not always there, but I would say it is more than 50% of the time, and that makes it a great run as most of the time there is a treasure goblin and chest in there not to mention the 2 elites.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:06 am

went out and AH a low priced gold find gear and a low price magic fine gear

hopping to run the gold find set tomorrow ran the magic find was at 230 mf with 5 stacks and still crap
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down