Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solo/Co-op Campaign Chat

5 posters

Go down

Solo/Co-op Campaign Chat Empty Solo/Co-op Campaign Chat

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:56 pm

So I know that I'm late to the party because everyone else has probably beaten the solo campaign like 10 times and beaten it on co-op another 4 or 5 but I thought I'd say that this is probably the best solo campaign I've played for a combat game since Rainbow Six on the PC in the late 90's. I've only played the first few missions but I'm really impressed, so much so that I don't know if I'll want to get any more COD games.

I really like the way that the game is designed so that you have to interact with your teammates and that you can't go all lone wolf or run and gun. I think the group shoot is an awesome idea and it really requires you to scout out the whole area before giving the fire command. On top of that, I like the way the game feels and that it seems so authentic.

The part of the game that I like the most is that you still have full capability to change your loadout before each mission. It's nice that you're given suggestions on what to take but that if you want to do something completely different you can. I always hated that you're stuck with whatever weapons and equipment that BF or COD give you. I know that you have to unlock certain weapons and attachments thru playing the campaign but I still like the ability to hit the gunsmith and setup your own weapons.

That being said, as much fun as I'm having playing this on solo, I can't wait to play with a full team on co-op. I'd like to finish the solo campaign first, but then I'll be looking for people to run thru this one with. I had a blast playing the co-op on Gears and I think this game will blow that out of the water.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Solo/Co-op Campaign Chat Empty Re: Solo/Co-op Campaign Chat

Post by Xpert2010 Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:44 pm

I haven't beat the campaign yet. I'd play some coop no problem.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Like I said, as soon as I finish the campaign I'll probably be looking for three others to do some co-op.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:08 am

Just finished my first run through the campaign on elite. Now I will go back on easy and finish the challenges I missed. I'm down for co-op too so hit me up. Would love to do some more of that survival mode too.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:48 am

I'd be interested in playing. Haven't done the campaign yet, and will have my internet back again around the mid/end of this week.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:12 pm

I have the first two weeks of July off and will probably play a lot over then. I'll be doing some trips with the wife but the first couple days she still has to work so I'll be good to go.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Finally got around to finishing the campaign today and I can say that I wasn't disappointed. The game started off strong and finished strong. There were so many great levels that I can't wait to go back thru the game again, hopefully on co-op this time around. I've still got a bunch of challenges to complete so I can see many more run thrus for those and for the fun of it. It's good to see a shooter that has a lot of replay value in the campaign, unlike COD.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Reza WRX Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:20 pm

I agree SockPuppet, the final ending mission especially can be played over and over again while still being action packed and exciting every time. I would also be up for helping anyone complete the game on the highest difficulty in co-op.
Reza WRX
Reza WRX
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : Reza WRX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:44 pm

S7 Cryptik wrote:I agree SockPuppet, the final ending mission especially can be played over and over again while still being action packed and exciting every time. I would also be up for helping anyone complete the game on the highest difficulty in co-op.

I'd take you up on that offer sometime although I'm not sure how much help I'd be on the hardest difficulty since I usually play on one of the two lowest settings. I don't mind a challenge but don't have a ton of patience and if I get repeatedly stomped I tend to stop playing a game for a while. The library level on Halo is a perfect example.

That being said, I seem to do better with GR in the campaign because the third person view gives me a better field of vision and thus I can spot enemies better. I'd probably be slightly better than dead weight in co-op on a difficult setting, but I could probably meat shield for three other good players and still have some fun.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:12 am

I would love to go through on co-op - played some of the missions co-op but did most of it solo. I think it is easier solo as you can just sit back and command the other 3, so it would be a fun challenge to go through with a group. Let me know when and I'll make the time.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:11 am

S7 Coolhand wrote:I would love to go through on co-op - played some of the missions co-op but did most of it solo. I think it is easier solo as you can just sit back and command the other 3, so it would be a fun challenge to go through with a group. Let me know when and I'll make the time.

That's what I've heard about the missions, that especially when you start playing the harder difficulties that it's nice to have the AI characters because if you get taken down they usually are close enough to get back to revive you whereas players aren't always able to do that.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Reza WRX Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:33 am

I played though the campaign on the hardest difficulty solo and you're right the AI were saviors through certain parts. But if we get a team together that communicates and doesn't rush ahead it shouldn't be to hard to get through.
Reza WRX
Reza WRX
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : Reza WRX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:25 pm

If I remember right on the hardest difficulty your AI teammates can go down and get revived but you aren't allowed to go down yourself or you lose. Its been a while so I could be wrong.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down