Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting editorial about servers

+2
S7 Zalacious
S7 mrmiller
6 posters

Go down

Interesting editorial about servers Empty Interesting editorial about servers

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu May 10, 2012 8:10 pm

Here is an interesting editorial article on the BF Servers (or EA servers in general).

http://www.1up.com/news/battlefield-3-official-servers-gone

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Interesting editorial about servers Empty Re: Interesting editorial about servers

Post by S7 Zalacious Thu May 10, 2012 10:36 pm

Yeah I noticed the disappearance of the official servers a few days ago. I hate it because rentals are such a crap shoot. Why did some people have to buy an online pass again????
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Interesting editorial about servers Empty Re: Interesting editorial about servers

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu May 10, 2012 11:16 pm

That is complete bullshit. I'm glad that we have a good serverto run on but it was nice to play on the EA and DICE servers when ours was low. This is just another example of EA ass raping it's customers. Just when I thought things were getting better with BF3 (new patch, new maps, server rental) now they have to come along and f*ck things up.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Fri May 11, 2012 1:19 am

yeah this is bs im sorry but not every one will be happy with a game or a game changes no one is making you stay in a sever is your team is getting raped yes there are less dice servers but the whole want of making your own server the way you want is what everyone wanted from the start and why they also did rented servers no one is making you join a game and no one is making you spend money to buy a sever.
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Fri May 11, 2012 1:42 am

S7 wonky wrote:yeah this is bs im sorry but not every one will be happy with a game or a game changes no one is making you stay in a sever is your team is getting raped yes there are less dice servers but the whole want of making your own server the way you want is what everyone wanted from the start and why they also did rented servers no one is making you join a game and no one is making you spend money to buy a sever.
I'm sorry but wtf did you just say? Smile
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri May 11, 2012 5:22 am

S7 Zalacious wrote:
S7 wonky wrote:yeah this is bs im sorry but not every one will be happy with a game or a game changes no one is making you stay in a sever is your team is getting raped yes there are less dice servers but the whole want of making your own server the way you want is what everyone wanted from the start and why they also did rented servers no one is making you join a game and no one is making you spend money to buy a sever.

Translation: Y U MAD BRO? Misa lika da BF3!
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri May 11, 2012 12:44 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
S7 Zalacious wrote:

Translation: Y U MAD BRO? Misa lika da BF3!
LOL!

Really I can see this becoming a huge problem for the game. Once the "new" wears off the private server thing many of those will disappear. Only those hardcore BF3 nuts (Zals) will still host a server and they will become scarce. Then people will have the problem of not being able to find an acceptable server with space for them and their friends, people will get frustrated, and finally will quit and move on to a more party friendly game. I hope they decide to keep a good number of their original servers, or at least be prepared to reinstate them if private server frenzy dies down.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri May 11, 2012 12:50 pm

I imagine they only have a set amount of servers, and as more people "rent" servers, more of the EA ones convert over. Maybe when the rented ones expire, they will revert back to the standard EA server. The thing that got me is they tell you the "online pass" is to play for this stuff, and now it looks like the server fees are paying for it.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri May 11, 2012 1:13 pm

Yep, online pass should pay for EA/Dice servers. Rental fees should pay for private servers. But that would be honest and not EA.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Fri May 11, 2012 1:26 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:Yep, online pass should pay for EA/Dice servers. Rental fees should pay for private servers. But that would be honest and not EA.
word
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri May 11, 2012 1:37 pm

EA's server system is in the dark ages as far as I am concerned. Public and private servers should be free in this day and age. We know it can be done and cost has nothing to do with it. Look at COD, GR, R6 etc... All free with public and private options. Also, online passes suck balls. Unfortunately COD seems to be the only game yet to switch over to the online pass.

Plus we are at the mercy of EA if and when they decide to shut down the servers to make room for the next game. P2P for public games with the option of rented dedicated servers would be the best of both worlds in my opinion.

Still, BF3 is the best MP game currently out in my opinion and the rented severs are nice, if expensive. I just wish they would allow a cheap yearly option. $60 for 3 months is a little ridiculous. $60 for a year would be a little more reasonable.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri May 11, 2012 2:17 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote: P2P for public games with the option of rented dedicated servers would be the best of both worlds in my opinion.

Still, BF3 is the best MP game currently out in my opinion and the rented severs are nice, if expensive. I just wish they would allow a cheap yearly option. $60 for 3 months is a little ridiculous. $60 for a year would be a little more reasonable.
That does sound good re: best of both worlds.
Yeah it is hard to justify it being that much more expensive than XBL service. A year of the game and a server would be $300?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down