Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can You RUN it?

+3
S7 mrmiller
S7 Epic
S7 Glock
7 posters

:: General :: PC Games

Go down

Can You RUN it? Empty Can You RUN it?

Post by S7 Glock Sat May 05, 2012 1:25 am

For folks with questions, like the upcoming Diablo 3, here is a cool site that tests your PC and lets you know if you can run certain PC games... pretty cool for those in doubt

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Can You RUN it? Empty Re: Can You RUN it?

Post by S7 Epic Sat May 05, 2012 8:18 am

EZ
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat May 05, 2012 9:39 am

That's a cool site, but doesn't help much when you are just trying to guess and research a new computer to buy. But I did go to Best Buy and log theirs on to that site and tested them- LOL. I was surprised how many failed and couldn't do minimum.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat May 05, 2012 11:26 am

My guess would be that the stock machines Best Buy sells aren't for HC gamers that want to play WOW and D3, but rather people that want to do the basics.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by canyourunit Tue May 08, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi everyone! This thread was brought to my attention by Google alerts so I just wanted to say thanks for spreading the word about us Smile

@MrMiller While cyri cannot help you with building a PC, perhaps you could find use of our new service that's still in BETA. It has all of the hardware that we rank set up in a nice graph so you can see which cards are better than others and stuff like that. It's called rankmycomputer so just type in that plus the '.com' and you should be good to go. Hope that helps you

Does anyone have any issues or suggestions for CYRI? We are always looking to improve our users' experience

canyourunit

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Tue May 08, 2012 5:20 pm

canyourunit wrote:Hi everyone! This thread was brought to my attention by Google alerts so I just wanted to say thanks for spreading the word about us Smile

@MrMiller While cyri cannot help you with building a PC, perhaps you could find use of our new service that's still in BETA. It has all of the hardware that we rank set up in a nice graph so you can see which cards are better than others and stuff like that. It's called rankmycomputer so just type in that plus the '.com' and you should be good to go. Hope that helps you

Does anyone have any issues or suggestions for CYRI? We are always looking to improve our users' experience

If you could source info about running it at above recommended settings, that would be great as what is 'recommended' is never enough to run at high gfx, decent res and nice frame rate.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by canyourunit Tue May 08, 2012 5:24 pm

S7 Epic wrote:

If you could source info about running it at above recommended settings, that would be great as what is 'recommended' is never enough to run at high gfx, decent res and nice frame rate.

I agree - if you are right at the recommended settings, it usually doesn't mean you can play it on high settings. Since we do not do any actual in game testing here, our hope is to have this taken care of by community members once we get our forum and individual game pages up and running (no time table yet for this). I think it would be nice for people to have a place to post their PCs specs under a game and list their FPS/resolution/and graphics settings so others could then have a more accurate idea on where their PC stands. What do you think?

canyourunit

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue May 08, 2012 5:24 pm

S7 Epic wrote:
canyourunit wrote:Hi everyone! This thread was brought to my attention by Google alerts so I just wanted to say thanks for spreading the word about us Smile

that is really the only thing i see that will help.

And for people like me who use your website alot to get a good idea on how my rig will run up and coming games your website has been a life saver
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Tue May 08, 2012 5:32 pm

Just looked at some the parts I just bought for my new PC, and was surprised how powerful they really are.

(Yes, I'm a newb when it comes to these things. That and really lazy.)
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue May 08, 2012 5:44 pm

S7 Dovahkiin wrote:Just looked at some the parts I just bought for my new PC, and was surprised how powerful they really are.

(Yes, I'm a newb when it comes to these things. That and really lazy.)

i told you u had a good pc man!
and you need to post pic in the pc wars topic i love that lexa s case
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue May 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Kinda neat that someone from the site you guys were chatting up came in to post. Nice to know that some companies and sites actually CARE about what their consumers want.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Wed May 09, 2012 1:40 pm

Yeah look what I brought over... lol
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by canyourunit Wed May 09, 2012 1:46 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Kinda neat that someone from the site you guys were chatting up came in to post. Nice to know that some companies and sites actually CARE about what their consumers want.

I try Smile and I cannot WAIT for Tuesday and Diablo III to get here already. It is by far our most tested game recently so it seems like there is a lot of excitement in the community as well

canyourunit

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed May 09, 2012 7:06 pm

canyourunit wrote:
S7 Epic wrote:

I agree - if you are right at the recommended settings, it usually doesn't mean you can play it on high settings. Since we do not do any actual in game testing here, our hope is to have this taken care of by community members once we get our forum and individual game pages up and running (no time table yet for this). I think it would be nice for people to have a place to post their PCs specs under a game and list their FPS/resolution/and graphics settings so others could then have a more accurate idea on where their PC stands. What do you think?

Yeah, crowd-sourced data would be a great way to go. Just make sure the data is accurate though, don't want a bunch of swinging dicks claiming they get 100fps on hardware they barely push 50 on, sort that and you'll be golden. Perhaps, something along the lines of a benchmarking tool to show what similar rigs can achieve under certain benchmark settings. It wouldn't be 100% accurate for determining how well you could run a game at X settings but it'd give a decent enough ballpark and can be tuned over time...?

In regards to the Rig Info, that would be pretty nice. EVGA already has a similar thing but it's pretty clunky and old, so I definitely think a revised version of that would go down well.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu May 10, 2012 12:09 am

canyourunit wrote:
S7 SockPuppet wrote:Kinda neat that someone from the site you guys were chatting up came in to post. Nice to know that some companies and sites actually CARE about what their consumers want.

I try Smile and I cannot WAIT for Tuesday and Diablo III to get here already. It is by far our most tested game recently so it seems like there is a lot of excitement in the community as well

Yeah, keep an eye on these trolls, they have all sorts of stuff for you and they're pretty big on betas and picking things apart so they'll test the hell out of anything that you put together.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by canyourunit Thu May 10, 2012 2:53 pm

S7 Epic wrote:

Yeah, crowd-sourced data would be a great way to go. Just make sure the data is accurate though, don't want a bunch of swinging dicks claiming they get 100fps on hardware they barely push 50 on, sort that and you'll be golden. Perhaps, something along the lines of a benchmarking tool to show what similar rigs can achieve under certain benchmark settings. It wouldn't be 100% accurate for determining how well you could run a game at X settings but it'd give a decent enough ballpark and can be tuned over time...?

In regards to the Rig Info, that would be pretty nice. EVGA already has a similar thing but it's pretty clunky and old, so I definitely think a revised version of that would go down well.

You make a good point - that is the issue with gathering information from the community. It can be very difficult to figure out who is telling the truth and who is blowing smoke. Hopefully we will find some reliable community members to help out with this. Thanks for all the input everyone!

canyourunit

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu May 10, 2012 2:58 pm

canyourunit wrote:
S7 Epic wrote:

You make a good point - that is the issue with gathering information from the community. It can be very difficult to figure out who is telling the truth and who is blowing smoke. Hopefully we will find some reliable community members to help out with this. Thanks for all the input everyone!

Thanks for actively trying to create a better end-user experience. Good luck!
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: General :: PC Games

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum