Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Active?

2 posters

Go down

Active? Empty Active?

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:52 am

Hey guys. I've started to develop a curiosity for this game and I was wondering how active it is in the clan. From the looks in the forums, it looks like it gets some attention, but I can't see how often this game is played by members of the clan until I get my Xbox. So I just have a few questions. How often is this game played within the clan and how much longer do you expect this game to be 'active'?

I just want to make sure that if I buy the game, that people will still be playing it... you have no idea how many times I've had friends say OH THIS GAME IS AWESOME, YOU SHOULD GET IT AND PLAY WITH US!!! and then they stop playing it after a week. Thankfully I didn't buy THOSE games and end up wasting money.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Active? Empty Re: Active?

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:17 pm

No worries here Xpert. The Forza Division is one of the most active in the clan. It works a little different than most divisions and will mostly likely be active for years to come. Other games will come and go but the Forza Division out last them all. We have had an active division for 2+ years now and I don't see it slowing down anytime soon. We ran Forza 3 for 2 years solid and then simply adapted to Forza 4 (which is amazing BTW) and kept rolling. Forza 4 should last up until Forza 5's release and we will all move on to that (they release a new game every 2 years in October).

As for racing nights and play time that is where this game is a little different from the other games we run. We have no official practice. Instead we have racing events every two weeks on Thursdays. Basically you have two weeks to make a car and prepare for the event. Then we all meet up on race night and hold an official Tourney.

Tourney events are 7 races long and the winner is decided by points based on where they finished in each race. The person with the most points after 7 races wins. These events are usually about 2 hours long.

On top of that, we have overall season standings. A season is 8 official events and at the end of a season an overall season champion is crowned. We are current 5 events into Season 1 with the next official event planned for May 10th (details are listed in other threads).

And on top of all of that, LiquidApex also hosts a weekly public racing night every Wednesday. It is not required but a great place to meet up and practice in traffic for the next Tourney.

Does that answer your question?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:28 pm

lol yeah, I'm pretty sure you answered my questions. Thanks. I remember how the clan was pretty active back in Forza 2, and I don't think I was really around anymore once Forza 3 was released to see how active that was. I've never purchased a racing game before as I'm more interested in the RPG, RTS, and shooter genres... but this game looks fun, and it seems like it could be a wise purchase. At the moment I need some new Xbox games because the newest one I have is probably 2-3 years old. lol
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:40 pm

For the clan now... Forza 4, BF3, MW3 and GRFS should all be solid purchases. All of those games have good activity and daily players. Although GRFS could always replace one of the other shooters but it's hard to say. Typically we only seem to have enough activity to support 2 shooters at a time.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Well... I have a strong hatred towards Call of Duty, so I deinitely don't expect to pick that up. Call of Duty 2 was where it was at lol. Every new addition to the series now looks like the exact same thing as the previous. The next one is going to have a mode called "zombie cats" and everyone will be like OMGZ ZOMBIE CATZ MUST HAAAV!!!!!

The new Ghost Recon looks like a pretty badass game, so I'll be getting that. nuff said there

The battlefield series is one that I've enjoyed in the past (Bad Company excluded), so it's one that I'd like to try... but if GR:FS has the potential to replace it, then it's one that I'll have to think over a bit more.

And Forza 4, probably will get since the clan is active in it and it's been a LONG time since I've played a game like it (the first Gran Turismo)
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:30 pm

Yeah, if you like racing sims, Forza 4 it's the best out there right now. It's an amazing game and a lot of fun to race online.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down