Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will this Laptop run Diablo 3?

+3
S7 Coolhand
S7 Sticky
S7 mrmiller
7 posters

:: General :: PC Games

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will this Laptop run Diablo 3? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will this Laptop run Diablo 3?

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu May 17, 2012 7:05 pm

Decided not to play D3 and just get a cheapo for now. The offer I had in on a house wasn't considered; they took an offer submitted before mine. So, I don't know exactly what I'll be spending again. I bought a small laptop, not truely a netbook because it has a discrete video card and Windows 7 Home Premium. It came with 2gb but I have ordered a 4gb stick from Newegg for $20. I ended up buying it from a local Target because it was by far the cheapest of all online stores.

I paid $279.99 +tax ($301.xx I think). 1/5th of the price I was about to drop on a desktop replacement. It says 1gb but actually came with 2 as I said. Since Target has physical location in every state you will get charged sales tax on their site. From Target:
Target's long-ass link

Here it is at Newegg for $350.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215174

Here is the memory that is on its way.
https://secure.newegg.com/NewMyAccount/OrderStatus.aspx?SONumber=96503399&RandomID=999379818415118820120517161004

Listening to Pandora while typing this - so far liking it. It is surprisingly quick already, but the memory bump will help when I task it. For work I use a state issued laptop/tablet and need something to replace the ancient pc I was running magic jack on (use that as my home-office line) - it was hogging my desk. Installed MS Security Essentials and MBAM Pro. Took a few non-essential Acer programs out of startup, removed bloatware, changed power settings. Now I'm golden and it does everything except play games. Checked CanYouRunIt.com and the CPU fails on all the AAA games. I may play Torchlight or something on it sometime, but I like putting it aside for Xbox.

So far so good - if you're looking for a small all-in-one netbook style laptop ($280) w/ a weak discrete gpu and 4gb RAM ($20)then I recommend it.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Will this Laptop run Diablo 3? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will this Laptop run Diablo 3?

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu May 17, 2012 7:36 pm

My CPU failed too, but I could play D3 and your's is going to be a bit faster. I'll send you a key if you want to try it out.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu May 17, 2012 7:38 pm

I just followed the link and realized it's a netbook. You're right, probably will not work. You're free to give it a try still as I have 3 keys.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu May 17, 2012 11:35 pm

Well send a key and we'll see. The graphics card passed, just the CPU is too weak.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri May 18, 2012 8:17 am

I didn't see this until this morning- I'll send you one tonight when I get home. It's worth a shot anyhow.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon May 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Amazingly, this little laptop/netbook runs D3 on its lowest settings. It isn't the smoothest, but is totally playable. I doubt I could run Steam as well though. The CPU is taxed to the limit I think. HDMI out to my 42". Having a lot of fun with it - really couldn't believe how well it works.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon May 21, 2012 4:23 pm

You might as well get the full version then. You can always transfer it over later if you get another computer.

I'm not using Skype either, as when Windows load and Skype starts, Skype wants to take over the sound settings and I don't get anything out of the speakers. I have it off for now, but we can use XBL part chat and still play D3.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon May 21, 2012 6:33 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:You might as well get the full version then. You can always transfer it over later if you get another computer.

I'm not using Skype either, as when Windows load and Skype starts, Skype wants to take over the sound settings and I don't get anything out of the speakers. I have it off for now, but we can use XBL part chat and still play D3.

~mrmiller

Just have to bring up the volume mixer in windows and slide Diablo's sound up.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2