Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C Class - Season 1 - Track Selections

+5
racecardriver23
Atrum
DeadSockPuppet
S7 OC
S7 Wiggles1778
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

C Class - Season 1 - Track Selections Empty C Class - Season 1 - Track Selections

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:56 pm

The C-Class Tourney is coming up quick. Time to get in your track selections... Pick your top 3 and post them up!

And of course remember:
- No Ovals (Sunset/Sedona/Indy/Twin Ring Motegi/Top Gear/Benchmark)
- No Drag Tracks

Track Selections:
Bernese Alps Full (Forward)
2 - Fujimi Kaido (Forward)
Hockenheim National
Iberian Mini (Reverse [muahahaha])
Indy GP
Infineon (Full)
2 - Infineon (Nascar)
Maple Valley Full
Maple Valley Full (Reverse)
2 - Mazda Laguna Seca
3 - Nurburgring GP Short
2 - Nurburgring Nordeschleife
Rally di Positano (Forward)
Road Atlanta
2 - Silverstone International
2 - Sunset Club (Forward)
Sedona Raceway Full
Sunset Full (Forward)
Suzuka Full

(27)

Updated thru Sticky

Last edited by S7 Wiggles78 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:17 pm; edited 7 times in total
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

C Class - Season 1 - Track Selections Empty Re: C Class - Season 1 - Track Selections

Post by S7 OC Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:00 am

Fujimi Kaido forward
Maple Valley reverse
Alps full

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

C Class - Season 1 - Track Selections Empty Re: C Class - Season 1 - Track Selections

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:14 am

Sunset Club forward
Indy GP
Road Atlanta
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:28 am

Iberian mini reverse (muahahaha)
Hockenheim national forward
Infineon long forward
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:34 am

AtrumX wrote:Iberian mini reverse (muahahaha)

hope you have a faster time there Laughing
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by racecardriver23 Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Infineon Nascar
Rally di Positano Forward
Fujimi Kaido Forward
racecardriver23
racecardriver23
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : racecardriver23

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:03 pm

racecardriver23 wrote:
Rally di Positano Forward

Not to pick on racecar but are tracks like these really a good idea for C-class? I missed the last one there but it seemed like kind of a train-wreck.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:10 pm

Maybe he has some really good grippy cars that he really wants to run. Meh.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Could just like the track. I had a blast on it last time.Though it is disappointing to race extremely well, pass a ton of people, and still be out of the podium.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:25 pm

It's a great track and personally, I love it. You know the type of cars I run...this is a great track for them. It's just how tight this track is...with 10+ racers, lots of lapping, etc. This really isn't a track you can be two cars wide on and it only take one person to try for the race to be spoilt for other racers.

The Iberian one you posted is fairly bad too but at least it has large run-off's. Rally Di Positano is just wall after wall. If it was 10 miles long it would be worse than Fujimi K.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:49 pm

Yup, I chose reverse To avoid the first corner being straight into a fast s curve.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:10 pm

AtrumX wrote:Yup, I chose reverse To avoid the first corner being straight into a fast s curve.

That's called a chicane, brah!
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:29 am

Sunset Club (forward)
Nurburgring Nordeschleife (forward)
Suzuka Full (forward)
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:00 pm

S7 Epic wrote:
AtrumX wrote:Yup, I chose reverse To avoid the first corner being straight into a fast s curve.

I don't watch hardly any racing so I could definitely be wrong... but I was under the impression chicane's were movable/artificial. The road going in an S pattern wouldn't fall under that?
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:17 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Epic wrote:

I don't watch hardly any racing so I could definitely be wrong... but I was under the impression chicane's were movable/artificial. The road going in an S pattern wouldn't fall under that?

Yeah, chicanes are movable & artificial, meant for narrowing the road. If you look at the Rally Di kerbs, they narrow the track a fair bit. Were the kerbs not there, then it would just be an 'S'. That said, in racing these days, any S that you can drive straight through is pretty much referred to as a chicane whether it actually is or not.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:03 pm

Yeah, I chose Iberian which has natural grass turns. So those were the ones I was referring to.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Ah, right. Thought you meant Rally Di.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:45 pm

Lol nope, I'm less confused now.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by racecardriver23 Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:43 pm

I'm still new at this Forza stuff and even though it's C class the only cars I can do any good with seem to be the slower cars with a lot of grip. Even though I still won't have a chance of winning, sometimes I can see the crowd in front for awhile, lol. Plus since I'm in the back train wrecks are good for me if I can get around them Smile But I don't want to cause any hard feelings so it doesn't have to be added to the list since it's not gonna make much difference to my finishes anyway, I just like to get on, have fun, and try my best not to run into anyone.
racecardriver23
racecardriver23
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : racecardriver23

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:51 am

racecardriver23 wrote:I'm still new at this Forza stuff and even though it's C class the only cars I can do any good with seem to be the slower cars with a lot of grip.

Don't feel bad... that's exactly how I started in Forza 2/3... especially when I first started the online end of things with the clan. I was completely out to lunch with the online stuff... as you play and get more comfortable with things you will naturally progress to cars that are a little more difficult to handle...

If you're interested, I could throw together a intermediate tune or 2 for you that lean toward grip but still have that speed that may help your progress. (And since you join my club as a member with a racing background, I would be more than happy to you help out)
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:20 am

Here's some links that might help with general tuning:

Forza 4 Tuning Calculator discussion(will help give a base tune to cars):

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/t3603-forza-motorsport-4-tuning-calculator

And if you're not using OpenOffice like me, the Forza 3 Tuning Calculator still works:

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/t2988-v33-of-the-tuning-calculator-released-in-may-2011?highlight=tuning

Those forum threads will have some info on where you can download the tuning calculators (and how to use them) which allows you to take an untuned car and get some base work on them.

To be able to use all of the parts of the tuning calculator, you'll need to upgrade the following parts on the cars: transmission to race, differential to race, suspension to race, brakes to race, and anti-roll bars to race. You don't have to upgrade all of those parts, but if you want to use all the options that the tuning calculator had you'll need them.

I started out where you were at the tail end of Forza 3 and only built grippy/handling cars and used the base tunes generated from the tuning calculator because I didn't know enough about cars and tuning to be able to handle anything else. However, kinda like how Wiggles started, I'm starting to move towards a mix of cars and work on tweaking the general tunes to make them more tailored to my driving. Over time you'll get there.

Talk to some of the guys that are vets (Wiggles, Glock, Interseptor, Atrum, OC) and many of them will be more than willing to help with cars. When I first started Glock built me a car so I could see what I should try and do. If there's something you want to try any of these guys, heck any of the guys that post up for Forza 4 on roll call, will probably be willing to help you.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:01 am

^ Puppet has a good post, those links are a good way to break you in to tuning if you haven't done any.

If you want to get cars that you like how they perform, and are comfortable driving you need to do it yourself. Here's how:

-Buy a car
-Upgrade car to max of class (C425)
-Drop Tire PSI to 28.5
-Lower Ride Height to the minimum

-Now go to 'Test Drive' on a track that you like and has a mix of everything (Some prefer Catalunya National, I usually do Mugello Club or Leguna Seca)
-Watch for what the car is doing:
This would mean do you have trouble with the car not turning around the corner and trying to go straight? If so look through the different settings and Adjust to Lower Understeer/Raise Oversteer.
If your car is spinning out every corner, you probably need to lower Oversteer.
Also play with the settings that increase or decrease turn in. If your car has trouble with corners sometimes it is just not turning in sharp enough (or the opposite)

So basically, Do the basic stuff (upgrade parts, tire psi, ride height) and then do a test drive and read through the descriptions and try tweaking it. You'll notice the car get noticeably better each time you make a good adjustment.

PS: Sometimes you just chose the wrong upgrades on the car. Tuning is important but it really comes down to getting the right parts. There is no correct way to do this, every car is different and everyone can find success in different ways. So if you like a car but it just isn't there, reset all the upgrades to default and try something different with the parts you choose.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:24 am

Wow, we are really off topic here but there is a lot of good information. Let's try and get back on topic again. Maybe we should make a "tuning help" thread?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:31 pm

Silverstone International
Sunset Full
Nurburgring Short
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:02 pm

Last minute track entries

Nurburgring - The Green Hell
Laguna Seca
Sedona Raceway - Full circuit
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next