Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call Of Duty Plans

+7
S7 Sticky
S7 Glock
S7 Panzer
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Floodsfire
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Smack
11 posters

Go down

Call Of Duty Plans Empty Call Of Duty Plans

Post by S7 Smack Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:27 pm

IDK if anyone has posted or heard about this but plans for COD are intriguing to say the least take a look at the statements below they even talk about it as an Action adventure game.

Check it out:

New Call of Duty Title Announced

New game set for 2011, Treyarch confirmed to develop title for 2010.

by Jim Reilly Call Of Duty Plans Readmyblog

showUSloc=(checkLocale('uk')||checkLocale('au'));document.writeln(showUSloc ? 'US, ' : '');
March 2, 2010 - Activision has announced Sledgehammer Games, a newly formed studio led by former Visceral Games executives Glen A. Schofield and Michael Condrey, will develop a new Call of Duty title that will "extend the franchise into the action-adventure genre."

The publisher also confirmed it will release another Call of Duty title in 2011, but it's unclear as of now if this is the same title Sledgehammer is currently developing. This leaves the door open for another studio, possibly Infinity Ward, to develop the 2011 title. We've asked Activision for clarification.

The company also confirmed Treyarch is handling development on the Call of Duty title to be released this fall. Meanwhile, Infinity Ward is still set to develop and release the first two downloadable map packs for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

"2010 will be another important year for the Call of Duty franchise," stated Mike Griffith, President and CEO of Activision Publishing. "In addition to continued catalog sales, new downloadable content from Infinity Ward and a new Call of Duty release, we are excited about the opportunity to bring the franchise to new geographies, genres and players."

Activision also says it's looking to expand the franchise with the same focus seen in its Blizzard Entertainment business. This includes looking at "high-margin digital online content" and taking the series to "new geographies, new genres and with new digital business models."

The company has had "discussions with a select number of partners" to bring the franchise to Asia, one of the fastest growing online multiplayer regions.

And supposedly Infinty wards Might not make anymore title, well a few members of the old team take a look at this as it has some more important info.

Check it out:

Activision Confirms Infinity Ward Departures

Jason West and Vince Zampella replaced.

by Jim Reilly Call Of Duty Plans Readmyblog

showUSloc=(checkLocale('uk')||checkLocale('au'));document.writeln(showUSloc ? 'US, ' : '');
March 2, 2010 - Along with announcing a new Call of Duty title, Activision has confirmed reports that Infinity Ward studio heads Jason West and Vince Zampella are no longer with the company. No other firings have been announced.

Both Zampella and West reportedly held private meetings with Activision yesterday while security unexpectedly entered the studio late last night. Questions arose this morning about Zampella and West's continued employment with Infinity Ward when LinkedIn profiles for both were updated to show they were no longer working there.

While no details were given about their departure, it's believed they were part of an internal HR investigation into breaches of contract and insubordination, according to Activision's SEC filing from yesterday.

Activision Publishing executives Steve Pearce and chief technology officer Steve Ackrich will lead Infinity Ward on an interim basis. Philip Earl, who currently runs Activision Publishing's Asia Pacific region, will lead the Call of Duty business unit at Activision.

Last edited by S7 Smack on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cause it put a whole bunch of codes I didn't put there, actually IDK what it was but it wasn't supposed to be there lol!!!)
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Call Of Duty Plans Empty Re: Call Of Duty Plans

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:49 pm

Just like how I refuse to pay $60/year on "new" sports games (aka roster updates), I'm not going to shell out my money on more generic shooters. MW, MW2, and W@W were pretty much the exact same games with some very slight upgrades and different maps, and now it sounds like the new Treyarch game is just going to be W@W in Vietnam. I'll pass.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Floodsfire Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:56 pm

I'm buying it because I have every COD since COD2 and they all have been good. I think that each one has brought something new to the table and have been different from each other enough buy them all. And no matter how much some people say Treyarch sucks making games, they really don't cause WaW was a highly popular and awesome game. So I think they will do well with COD: Vietnam.
Floodsfire
Floodsfire

GamerTag : S7 Floodsfire

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:03 pm

I think Vietnam will be cool...not many games have dealt with that war. Even though we won most of the battles there.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:28 pm

I was just about to post that grrrrrrr. O well it looks like treyarch will copy and paste code again and made money off it...
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:18 am

S7 Hellogiraffe wrote:Just like how I refuse to pay $60/year on "new" sports games (aka roster updates), I'm not going to shell out my money on more generic shooters. MW, MW2, and W@W were pretty much the exact same games with some very slight upgrades and different maps, and now it sounds like the new Treyarch game is just going to be W@W in Vietnam. I'll pass.

I think MW2 is quite a leap and definately a different game than MW.
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:57 am

agreed glock

once it stops all of its fail then it will be a GG
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:54 am

S7 Glock wrote:
S7 Hellogiraffe wrote:Just like how I refuse to pay $60/year on "new" sports games (aka roster updates), I'm not going to shell out my money on more generic shooters. MW, MW2, and W@W were pretty much the exact same games with some very slight upgrades and different maps, and now it sounds like the new Treyarch game is just going to be W@W in Vietnam. I'll pass.

I think MW2 is quite a leap and definately a different game than MW.

Really? It felt more like an expansion pack to me, kinda like how I felt when GR:AW2 came out. New maps, some new guns, and some new perks. Don't get me wrong, it's a good game and I don't mind expansion packs, but it gets annoying when companies call these full-fledged sequels. The single player was a huge improvement though.

Anyways, one COD game per year is ridiculous. Activision is doing exactly what they did to the GH series, milking the franchise to death.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Bullet Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:07 am

I agree there milking it. They need to slow down and give us some maps while they polish the game up some more. There will be updates coming if this game hits shelfs this year. Getting tired of that to.
S7 Bullet
S7 Bullet
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:22 am

I think you're looking solely at the multiplayer. The single player is like a second part to a movie, and stands on it's own quite well. So I don't see how the game can be seen and unworthy and compared to an expansion pack.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:41 pm

I think that mw2 is a great sequal game. The single player was awsome and it seemed like it switched main characters a little more. The multiplayer added a whole lot more customization both with perks and weapons. The way you have to earn everything was cooler, although it could have been harder. The maps are kinda weak I think. Spec. Ops mode would have been cooler if you could have 4 players. I think they should make a multiplayer only game like quake and have 1 extra special kill streak for the class of soldier you are. Like snipers get dogs to flush out people. Heavy gunner gets drone mortors for example. Overall great game IMO way better then the last 2 halo's
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:18 am

I really liked MW2, especially the single player. There were some very cool missions, though, with the ability to set levels in the US this time around there were a few missed opportunities in terms of level design.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down