Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hate games with only one continuous save

+5
S7 OC
S7 DROOPY
S7 Panzer
Atrum
S7 mrmiller
9 posters

Go down

I hate games with only one continuous save Empty I hate games with only one continuous save

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:49 pm

Why do they make games that only have on continuous save slot, and not multiple saves?!. Just started up dead island and my game freezes and will not load my save. My character is level 34 with 89% complete and 39 hours in! I was at the point were it was telling me "if you continue there is no turning back" and I was completing every side quest and had almost every dark green portion on all the maps cleared. This crap really pisses me off. I guess I'll try and gamefly it again later if there is some kind of patch, but I'm not doing it all over again from scratch.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

I hate games with only one continuous save Empty Re: I hate games with only one continuous save

Post by Atrum Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:27 pm

That sucks! I just got it for PC today, hope I dont run in to that.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

I hate games with only one continuous save Empty Re: I hate games with only one continuous save

Post by S7 Panzer Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:47 pm

I'm enjoying my PC dead island experience. I haven't made much progress but its fun so far.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:10 pm

Hey bro , I'll bring my copy tomorrow and you can see if it works!
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Matt I am doing just about the same thing going threw finishing all the side quest before I enter the point of no return. I hapoe my game doesn't f#ck up on me. That sucks. So far it has been a good game nice change of pace it has it's not so great things but still a very enjoyable game. Sucks matt

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:34 am

That sh1t is the worst. I know it's just a game but it makes you feel so sh1tty. It's like when you've just spent an hour cooking, carry it through to the table and then drop it on your way.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:05 am

S7 Epic wrote:That sh1t is the worst. I know it's just a game but it makes you feel so sh1tty. It's like when you've just spent an hour cooking, carry it through to the table and then drop it on your way.

Or 39 hours cooking just to have someone sh1t on it is more like it.

If you start a new game, you can choose what level to start on. So I can start at chapter 16 and it gives me a level 3 character. Of course I have no weapons and no mods, but at least I might be able to finish the game without starting completely from scratch. Still, it is going to take me hours to get some good mods and a weapon or two to even make it.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:48 am

That sucks bro! But I bet you could join someone else game. Do a few mission and quit. Then reload your game. Might fix the bug, load you in a new location etc... Might be worth a try. I'm not quite that far but it sounds like OC is. You should try it out and see what happens.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:00 pm

Being a father and a husband I understand how valuable those 39 hours really were...that's a lot of "just one more story then daddy's gotta go" or "be there in a minute baby I just gotta finish this level."

You're better man than me 'cause knowing how much those 39 hours really cost, I would of chucked that game out the window.

On a side note, the same genius who put one continuous save in this game is probably best friends w/the guys who keep creating the same failed BF3 MP.
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:50 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:That sucks bro! But I bet you could join someone else game. Do a few mission and quit. Then reload your game. Might fix the bug, load you in a new location etc... Might be worth a try. I'm not quite that far but it sounds like OC is. You should try it out and see what happens.
That is good thinking, try that.
I feel for you, I've been burnt by automate many times even with the additional save ability.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:13 am

I tried to join a random online game and it still locked up. I might try one off of an invite whenever someone can send me one. On the other hand I created a new char and did a lot of running to complete the few side quests with the mods and weapons I like. So I might be on my way to finish it now, though not in the fashion I wanted to do with nearly 100% of the game complete.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:49 am

I was able to power back through it and completed the game today. I'm completely impressed with it, on helluva game. I'm on the fence if I should send it back to gamefly, or keep it and run co-op. I really want to get Rage, so I might send it back or up my sub to two games.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:55 am

I'm keeping it but then I really haven't played alone yet, just co op.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:57 am

I think I am keeping mine as well. Great game and I am not finished yet.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down