Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mojang and Bethsda to settle 'Scrolls' dispute over Quake 3 Arena

3 posters

Go down

Mojang and Bethsda to settle 'Scrolls' dispute over Quake 3 Arena Empty Mojang and Bethsda to settle 'Scrolls' dispute over Quake 3 Arena

Post by S7 Vision67 Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:27 pm

Read on G4: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/715515/minecrafts-notch-challenges-bethesda-to-a-quake-3-duel-over-scrolls/

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/9038258448/hey-bethesda-lets-settle-this

Hey, Bethesda! Let’s settle this!
I am back, and I am excited.

Marriage has been wonderful so far, and nobody sabotaged my computer while I was gone.

The only negative thing going on at this moment is the Scrolls trademark lawsuit nonsense, and I think I came up with the perfect solution:

Remember that scene in Game of Thrones where Tyrion chose a trial by battle in the Eyrie? Well, let’s do that instead!
I challenge Bethesda to a game of Quake 3. Three of our best warriors against three of your best warriors. We select one level, you select the other, we randomize the order. 20 minute matches, highest total frag count per team across both levels wins.

If we win, you drop the lawsuit.

If you win, we will change the name of Scrolls to something you’re fine with.

Regardless of the outcome, we could still have a small text somewhere saying our game is not related to your game series in any way, if you wish.

I am serious, by the way.

This is pretty awesome.
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Mojang and Bethsda to settle 'Scrolls' dispute over Quake 3 Arena Empty Re: Mojang and Bethsda to settle 'Scrolls' dispute over Quake 3 Arena

Post by Atrum Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:32 pm

Saw that this morning. VERY smart on the Minecraft/Scrolls developer side of things. A ridiculous amount of free publicity so it should do well.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Mojang and Bethsda to settle 'Scrolls' dispute over Quake 3 Arena Empty Re: Mojang and Bethsda to settle 'Scrolls' dispute over Quake 3 Arena

Post by S7 Epic Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:28 am

Yeah, Notch now has baller status.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down