Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

call of duty elite

+8
S7 KnightOwl
S7 OC
S7 Interseptor
S7 wonky
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 mrmiller
Atrum
S7 Sticky
12 posters

Go down

call of duty elite Empty call of duty elite

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:52 pm

just got my email for the beta ...
the website is nice and very in depth detail.... but its just like your free one on bungie .net so far

any one else get there email today?
call of duty elite Beta1
call of duty elite Beta2
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

call of duty elite Empty Re: call of duty elite

Post by Atrum Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Lol did they actually copy and past some of that off of Bungie.net?
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:18 pm

AtrumX wrote:Lol did they actually copy and past some of that off of Bungie.net?

i would say they pulled about 97% of it right off of bungie.net like no joke and so far i have not seen anything that would make me pay for this other then you can make a clan and compete with other clans (kind of like a more epic gamebattles)
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:22 pm

I’ve had it all weekend, and it’s really weak in my opinion. It’s a regurgitation of what you get in the game when you view your stats- just a little more storable. There is no way I would pay anything for this. Hell, even the video and photo upload is nothing more than your theater, with the exception of being able to post this to YouTube, but then it’s the COD Elite YouTube channel and not yours anyhow. Even for a free service this wouldn’t be anything great, as for a pay service it is a lame attempt to sucker some fanatics out of their money.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:26 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I’ve had it all weekend, and it’s really weak in my opinion. It’s a regurgitation of what you get in the game when you view your stats- just a little more storable. There is no way I would pay anything for this. Hell, even the video and photo upload is nothing more than your theater, with the exception of being able to post this to YouTube, but then it’s the COD Elite YouTube channel and not yours anyhow. Even for a free service this wouldn’t be anything great, as for a pay service it is a lame attempt to sucker some fanatics out of their money.

~mrmiller

very well put !!!
thats what me and atrum were saying why pay for something that bungie has been giving away for free for years!!!!
and like u said all this is in game already
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:51 pm

HaHaHa.... more Bungie Thievery Mad
Classic! Bungie has been ahead of their times for awhile now...hence the other things taken from them by COD as well.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:14 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:HaHaHa.... more Bungie Thievery Mad
Classic! Bungie has been ahead of their times for awhile now...hence the other things taken from them by COD as well.

Theater.

Also, Zombies was stolen from Gears Horde mode. Not that I can blame them as it was a great idea.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:41 pm

i got a email saying to "FINALIZE YOUR REGISTRATION" did all of that and then got

"call of dutyelite will begin its closed beta test this summer . we will let you know when you have qualified via the email address you provided thank you for siging up "

sonnns of bitchs
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:51 pm

AtrumX wrote:

Theater.

Also, Zombies was stolen from Gears Horde mode. Not that I can blame them as it was a great idea.

I agree the idea is similar but Zombies is still somehow different. I enjoy Zombies more than any other "hoard" type mode out there. I don't know why but it feels vastly superior to me.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:55 pm

S7 wonky wrote:i got a email saying to "FINALIZE YOUR REGISTRATION" did all of that and then got

"call of dutyelite will begin its closed beta test this summer . we will let you know when you have qualified via the email address you provided thank you for siging up "

sonnns of bitchs

mine did that today as well did that and about 30mins later i got the invt ... keep in eye on your email
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:57 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
AtrumX wrote:

Theater.

I agree the idea is similar but Zombies is still somehow different. I enjoy Zombies more than any other "hoard" type mode out there. I don't know why but it feels vastly superior to me.

I've always thought Horde and Zombies were pretty close. From the sounds of things Zombies has done a great job adding in new stuff to keep people playing which is great. Not knocking on it at all, but it is completely stolen from gears. Just like 'Words with Friends' compared to Scrabble. Both work great and are fun, one is just the original.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:08 pm

yeah i got another invite but for some reason my call of duty and windows ID linked and i use a differen't email address with a no gamer tag so i had it but no stats but no invite so i had to redo it and with my right email with my gamer tag set up so gotta wait again
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:22 pm

I got mine today also. It is cool but not something right now from what they are showing that I am willing to pay for

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:23 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:
AtrumX wrote:

Theater.

I've always thought Horde and Zombies were pretty close. From the sounds of things Zombies has done a great job adding in new stuff to keep people playing which is great. Not knocking on it at all, but it is completely stolen from gears. Just like 'Words with Friends' compared to Scrabble. Both work great and are fun, one is just the original.

Really? Both games were originally launched 4 days apart from each other (November 2008). It is hard to rip off something that is launched side by side. Sorry I don't buy it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Horde mode was announced significantly before Zombies. Not saying it's a complete copy but I would not be at all surprised if Treyarch went "Hmm, that other AAA super-mega hit is doing this. We should probably have something similar"
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:49 pm

I have signed up as well, hope I get my invite soon!
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:14 pm

During a press event at the Call of Duty XP venue last night, Activision revealed the pricing structure for Call of Duty Elite, a supplemental service tied to the popular shooter franchise.

Though a slew of content is available for free for all users that sign up for Elite, a premium service will be offered for an annual price of $49.99. Additionally, Activision revealed that one year of Elite service will come bundled with the Hardened Edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 when it launches on November 8 for the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3.

Features like Facebook integration, stat and map tracking, group interaction, and clan support are included with Elite's free service on the Elite website, as well as on upcoming mobile applications for iOS and Android-based platforms. Modern Warfare 3 also includes Elite features, allowing players to look at their stats and heat maps in more detailed ways than are available in current iterations of the franchise.

For $49.99 per year, users will receive the following perks:

All DLC will be made available to Elite members during the time of active subscription, meaning, when new content is offered, Elite subscribers will get it all without having to pay additional fees.
DLC will also be staggered for more frequent releases, specifically, it will be broken into chunks of 20 pieces arriving monthly in pieces and will include everything from maps to modes and Spec Ops missions. Non-premium Elite members must wait for full DLC releases which will happen less frequently, but still offer the same content at an additional price.
Though clan support is offered free, Elite clans will have a progression system akin to player progression. This means that players in clans level up their clan over time and can join tournaments.
Free Elite members get a limited number of slots for published video and screenshots on their profile, Elite members get 8X more video capacity.
Elite members can access strategy and analysis content from Call of Duty pros
A more detailed list of the perks can be found in our previous coverage on the service.

With at least four DLC drops for each of the past recent Call of Duty drops, the access to DLC seems to make the $50 price worth it alone. Purchasing each Modern Warfare 3 map pack, which will be priced at $15 per pack with four planned DLC drops (as detailed during yesterday's event) would cost users an additional $60. That's an immediate $10 savings without considering the additional bonuses.

On top of that, one year of Elite service comes with the Hardened Edition. If that package is priced at $80, as it historically has, then users will receive one year of DLC for the price of just over one standard DLC release.

The news also further sweetens the deal at the first annual CoD event. All Call of Duty XP attendees will receive a voucher to obtain a free 'Hardened' edition of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Proceeds from the event will be used as part of Activision's charitable efforts to help veteran soldiers find work after heroically serving their country.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:21 pm

1 Year Xbox Live > 1 Year CoD Elite

They do seem to be adding a lot of neat features. Seems like a really steep price for something that has mostly been around since Halo 2 even.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Ya but you get all 4 dlc included, if the harden includes all that and is like 79.99 then that's not to bad,
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Yeah the DLC inclusion is the only reason I'd consider it.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:30 pm

Yeah if it is $79 for the Hardened then that is a win. $20 for all the DLC and other bonuses. Atrum I think the free part of the COD Elite is more like the bungie site stuff but the premium version of Elite has a lot more than that.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Elite members can access strategy and analysis content from Call of Duty pros

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Ill be just renting this game. I'm so sick of Modern shooters.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:16 pm

Looks like the going price for the Hardened Ed will be $99 (according to one of the other forum posts). Even at that price, and additional $40 includes the DLC's and the year of COD Elite. Even if COD Elite is garbage and a waste of money, the additional $40 for the DLC's will make it worth getting the Hardened Edition.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down