Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7 Forza 3 S-Class Tourney - Season 3

+2
Atrum
S7 Interseptor
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

S7 Forza 3 S-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty S7 Forza 3 S-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:36 pm

S7 Forza 3 S-Class Tourney - Season 3

This is it! 2 Years and countless Tourneys have all come down to this. The last official Tourney in the Forza Championship Series. Season 3 is all but wrapped up and we have time crown just one more champion before Forza 4 is released. Time to leave it all on the line...

Forza News -

Last week was the A-Class Tourney and things continued to get tense. We had a great turnout with a record 10 people showing up to fight for the prize. Due to the turnout we had to run qualifying to see who were the top 8 runners. We all ran qualifying laps and it turned out to be very close but the bottom 2 times were Puppet and OC. Fortunately for one of them Sticky had to drop out and left one extra slot. With a lead of only 0.6 sec. Puppet got the coveted spot. (OC and Sticky both got qualifying points for this Tourney since they both showed up for qualifying.)

We were off to a good start and things got crazy from there. It was a wild night with close races, epic wrecks and dangerous tracks. The top of the standings was once again an all out battle between Glock, Wiggles and myself (Interseptor). It looked like Glock had it all wrapped up but unfortunately he had to leave the Tourney with three races left to go. He was out and even though he missed the last three races, he still managed a 3rd Place finish. Very impressive. This left Wiggles and myself to fight it out between us. It was crazy to say the least. Big wrecks and head to head racing kept it close right to the last race and when the dust settled, Wiggles and myself were tied for 1st place! That's right, the first ever tie for 1st place in Forza history. It was amazing to say the least and along the way we had to battle crazy tracks like Old Le Mans, New New York and Fujimi Kaido Reverse. All of which made for some of the most memorable moments in Forza to date. Upside down cars in the middle of the track, broke down busted cars in the middle of chicanes and being passed by Wiggles like we were standing still (He was traveling in excess of 240mph)!!! Good times indeed.

And it didn't stop there. It was good racing all around. Epic had a great night and locked up 4th in pretty much every race. He was largly unchallenged and some valuable ground in the overall standing for the season. Atrum also had a good night and took his first win for the season finishing 1st place on New New York. The rest of the pack was an all out battle between, Kenny, Coolhand and Puppet. It was a very close night and Puppet once again showed improvement over previous weeks. He even managed to place on a few races without passing wrecked racers! LOL! All kidding aside, everyone did very well and it was an absolute blast. The final standing looked like this: 1st (tie) - Wiggles & Interseptor, 3nd - Glock, 4rd - Epic, 5th - Atrum, 6th - Kenny, 7th - Coolhand and 8th - SockPuppet.

Overall Season Standings are as follows...

Interseptor - 53pts
Wiggles - 48pts
Sticky - 28pts
Epic - 28pts
Glock - 25pts
Kenny - 21pts
Atrum - 16pts
Coolhand - 14pts
OC - 12pts
Pooty - 11pts
Chippy - 9pts
SockPuppet - 5pts

Now it is all down to the wire. Wiggles and myself are still at a 5 point gap for the lead. Epic has made his move and tied up Sticky for the coveted 3rd place finish. This last race will decide once and for all who takes that spot. That is if Glock doesn't show up and mess it all up for them. Sitting just 3 points down he could easily move into 3rd and push both of them back. Either way it is going to be an amazing Tourney coming up. Kenny has managed to put some distance between himself and the rest of the pack and things are still very close between Atrum, Coolhand and OC. The rest of this season promises to be a good one. Stay tuned for the thrilling conclusion to Season 3...

----------------------------------------------------------------

OK, here we are. The S-Class has arrived and with it comes the end of Season 3. This is it. There is no more tomorrow. You better leave it all on the track because when the dust settles here, it's all over. This is your last chance to move up the ladder and claim the prize. Everything we have worked for all season has come down to this. The fastest cars, the best parts and more speed than you know what to do with. The cars here are exotic and very fast. It will take all you skill to build a car to compete here and even more skill to keep it on the track. There is very little you can't do here and this class offers the most freedom by far. It is my absolute favorite class and this should be one of the best Tourneys we have ever had. Better strap in, this is gonna be awesome!!!

Here are the details for this event:

This is a Championship Tourney so the event will be 7 races.

Date: Thursday August 18, 2011
Time: Qualifying starts at 8:30pm sharp Eastern Time (if necessary)
Car Class: S-Class
Damage: Simulation
Collisions: Always On
Starting Grid: Random
Tracks: Random - Player based
# of Races: 7
# of Laps: TBD(depending on track length)

S7 Members ONLY!

The winner will be decided by points base on where you finish each track. The person with the most points will be the S-Class Champion for Season 3. Your overall placement will go towards your season standing and a season Champion will be crowned following this event.

PRIZES:TBA

Last edited by S7 Interseptor on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

S7 Forza 3 S-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty Re: S7 Forza 3 S-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by Atrum Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Can't wait! I've been waiting for S-class all season as it has my favorite cars and always has the most intense races. Should be interesting to see what everyone tunes up for this.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

S7 Forza 3 S-Class Tourney - Season 3 Empty Re: S7 Forza 3 S-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by S7 OC Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:46 pm

BOO I will be on vacation away from my xbox for the first two weeks of august.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Come to think of it, Puppet said he had a conflict too. I just moved it to August 18. Everyone good with that?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:20 pm

Oh sh1t, son! Gonna be an exciting last tourney.

What are the points for top 3? Correct me if i'm wrong but won't Wiggles need to win and for me to take 2nd if he's to win the championship?

My Zonda is already prepared, also have a Reventon, 911 and a Ford GT. Will probably make a straight line bullet-car for Old Le Mans too...?
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Points are 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2. 1pt for participating but not qualifying.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Ugh, I had hoped to gain a little more ground on kenny last week. Suppose that means I'll have to dedicate all my gaming time to forza this month and take a podium!
I know it's early but I'm home alone tonight and tomorrow and will be working on tunes, tracks, and everything else. Feel free to join me, I'll be on at about 8:30 EST.

PS: 18th works for me.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:00 pm

18th is much better for me

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:00 pm

I still have to get on and build too. I don't have any idea what I am going to use right now. I will try to get on tonight and see what's up.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:55 pm

I am trying to pick between a few cars right now. Going big money on this being the final race of the official Forza tourneys. Lambo Murcielago LP670-4 SV or the Porsche Carrera GT,

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:09 pm

Both solid candidates. I have a Carrera GT from last season and it pwns.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:24 pm

I've got a few. GT-R, LP640, Rossion Q1, and of course the viper. I'm going to see what I can find out of the obscure non-used cars and if anything is solid use that.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:26 pm

18th should work for me. I make the schedule so I should be able to ensure that I'm available to race that night. As for cars, I'm going to be starting from the ground up since this is my first season year. If anyone has some suggestions for a solid start I'd appreciate that.

I'm hoping to nab at least 6th for this tourney and that Chippy doesn't show, cuz then I'd tie with him for 9pts and for Season 3 Back of the Bus. If I could be lucky enough to squeak out a 5th (and Chippy doesn't show) I could pass him with 10pts. Anyway, I probably won't be on much until next week cuz my boss in Vegas for the bi-annual store manager convention so I have to do my job and her job.

I can't wait to see what everyone brings to the line, how the tourney turns out, and what the season ends at.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:12 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Points are 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2. 1pt for participating but not qualifying.

So, you've pretty much already won then. Glad about that, I can concentrate on solidifying my 3rd place finish. Speaking of which, i'm gonna have to try and push for some better race results. A few more 2nds and 3rds. Tracks like New NY can really turn the tides as we saw on thursday...
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:14 pm

It's true. Although New York has always been one of the tracks I ran hotlaps on in Forza 2, and early Forza 3. So a few wrecks and even my mid-pack car can take it.

Also, sounds like a few of us will be on tuning tonight if anyone wants to join.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:18 pm

If it was old NY i'd have been fine.That said, Coolhand took me out on that last corner, same as old NY, so who knows.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:45 pm

My S class car
S7 Forza 3 S-Class Tourney - Season 3 Forza16

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:11 am

yeah the 18th is much better for me... I picked up some extra time at work and the 4th would have been a no go for me
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:15 am

after last week, I'm really looking forward to Forza 4... hate to have people left out...

but just think of it...

the 10 we had last week, plus Chippy, Pooty, KnightOwl, Droopy, Mcamp, Klown, Tico, Panzer, or whoever may get back in with Forza 4

and we'll have an epic 16 tourney field
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:42 am

16 Player races are gonna be insane.

I think that, tbh, we might have to look at qualifying for starting positions. With 16 player grids, if Zak is at the front and Glock at the back, Zak will pretty much win and vice versa. In F1, the time spread after the first lap is usually around 15 seconds from 1st - 24th, so it's gonna be very hard to make up seconds on a rival who is close lap time wise, considering the amount of laps we run.

We'll have to do some test races and find out what works best.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:12 am

S7 Epic wrote:16 Player races are gonna be insane.

I think that, tbh, we might have to look at qualifying for starting positions. With 16 player grids, if Zak is at the front and Glock at the back, Zak will pretty much win and vice versa. In F1, the time spread after the first lap is usually around 15 seconds from 1st - 24th, so it's gonna be very hard to make up seconds on a rival who is close lap time wise, considering the amount of laps we run.

We'll have to do some test races and find out what works best.

Not a bad idea. If we get full 16 player races. Definitely something to lookout for, assuming you can assign a grid order. Right now you can't so we go with random but this would be a great feature to add. I hope it's in there.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:21 am

would be cool even to set it based on you're Ranking (whatever that thing is called... True Skill or something)... realistically its pretty accurate

would be awesome to invert the field based on that...

then something like that was the first race then lobby/series points for the rest
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:16 am

Also not a bad idea. We probably should move on from Random grid order as we progress and get more sophisticated. Random always seemed to be the fairest way to do it but realistically it's just not. Every single race in the world starts racers based on how fast they run in qualifying.

As long as we keep track of the points separately (like we do now in case someone drops), we could just run a qualifier, and then set the room to "points" grid order for the rest of the Tourney. If you start to place better you would move up as the night goes on (or vice verse).

The only problem I can see with this is that if you drop, you would move to the back. That kinda of sucks. Thoughts?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:25 am

People dropping would make that a pain. The only way to work with that would be that if someone dropped, you remake the room and run a short race on tsukuba or something and finish in the current placement order.
That or basically tell the person they're stuck at the back for the night lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:56 am

Yeah, dropping would suck but Forza 4 has a lot of emphasis on MP, so hopefully, there'll be something to support grids orders a little better.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next