Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

360 Totally Wireless Headphones pt. 2- Turtle beach option.

3 posters

Go down

360 Totally Wireless Headphones pt. 2- Turtle beach option. Empty 360 Totally Wireless Headphones pt. 2- Turtle beach option.

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:22 pm

Here is another totally wireless headset for the 360. It adds a Bluetooth dongle to connect to the controller instead of directly to the Xbox console, but because of the it also means you can use it with the PS3 or any other Bluetooth device- say wireless streaming of tunes from your iPhone!? Looks like a great set of wirless headphones for multi-use. I really like my current Turtle Beach X41’s, so I might look into this over the Trittons.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/07/turtle-beachs-xp500-headset-brings-totally-wireless-7-1-to-the/

Here is also a review of the PS3 version, which is the same thing without the controller chat adapter.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/30/turtle-beach-ear-force-px5-review/

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

360 Totally Wireless Headphones pt. 2- Turtle beach option. Empty Re: 360 Totally Wireless Headphones pt. 2- Turtle beach option.

Post by S7 Panzer Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:33 pm

I really see no point in having 7.1 stereo quality seems like they just add numbers before .1 to increase the price. I still love my x4s, but the next big headset I pick up needs the ability to switch between my PC and xbox with a push of a button.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

360 Totally Wireless Headphones pt. 2- Turtle beach option. Empty Re: 360 Totally Wireless Headphones pt. 2- Turtle beach option.

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:18 pm

S7 Panzer wrote:I really see no point in having 7.1 stereo quality seems like they just add numbers before .1 to increase the price. I still love my x4s, but the next big headset I pick up needs the ability to switch between my PC and xbox with a push of a button.

Most people do not set up their 5.1 systems correctly, and 7.1 can make a big difference, though only BluRay currently supports the native format.

No matter what wireless headphones come out, there will always be a base station that will need to be plugged into the source. Now if all your sources go to a AV receiver, and you have an optical out option (which BTW cannot carry native 7.1 sound but only 5.1, you have to use HDMI for 7.1 channels) you can use the headphones for anything attached to the receiver. Besides that, there is just the touch of a button as you pair the Bluetooth in the headset to whatever other Bluetooth device you want.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:03 pm

Another option, awesome! I'm getting one or the other, but I really like that I can use these with PCs. Have they set a price?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:22 pm

They are quoting retail at $260, and the Tritons are saying "under 300" so by the time both are in stores they could be about the same. I like that I can use the Turtle Beach with multiple devices (I can even stream music from my Blackberry) but I like some of the interface stuff that the Tritons have. I also like that the Turtle beach uses AAA batteries, as I have a rechargeable set that I can switch out easily and not have to worry about my headset dying and not having a replacement. I will probably have to go with the reviews and see if one has any problems or which has the better sound quality. Either that or buy both and return the one I like least.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down