Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

crysis 2 MP review

+5
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Interseptor
S7 wonky
S7 Sticky
9 posters

Go down

crysis 2 MP review  Empty crysis 2 MP review

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:04 pm

mp is win works 100% all the time
me zak easy and nate all play we only fail out of 1 lobby but the game merged us back with each other love it maps are epic
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

crysis 2 MP review  Empty Re: crysis 2 MP review

Post by S7 wonky Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:42 pm

better then home front?
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:12 pm

as far as no fail and the game play is like a mix of cod and halo
yes its win
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:45 am

well worth the buy great game !!!!!
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:56 am

OK, this game is frikin WIN! Seriously. If you are on the fence about this game go get it now. Great experience all around. I only played the first few levels of the SP but what I played was really good. I can't wait to play more. The set pieces and setting of a destroyed New York is amazing and makes for some of the best levels I have ever played. Same is true with the MP. The levels are AMAZING! Multi-leveled and you can get pretty much everywhere. If you look up at a ledge and wonder if you can get up there... you can. Jump over, climb up and slide under. It has a great sense of freedom of movement. The levels are so well designed that you just don't ever feel like you run into a wall. In fact there were a few times last night that I thought I was at the edge of the map only to find out that I could actually go further outside and around.

Gameplay is solid as well. Controls are smooth and well done. Characters feel like they have actual weight (but not too heavy) and movement is smooth throughout. Run, jump and climb up in one swift motion. He automatically grabs any ledge with in range which makes for some EPIC leaps across what would normally be instant death. And the vertical aspect mentioned earlier adds to the experience. Every level have at least two to three levels, if not more as well as tons of paths in and around the map. No problem finding flanking routes and sneaking to the other side of the map. Especially with your Nano suit providing Power, Armor and Cloaking at any given time. It's an incredibly powerful weapon in it's own right. Using it right is the key to pwning n00bs. The only catch is power consumption. Every action besides normal movement will cost you power. Running, Jumping, Armor, Cloak, Air Stomp etc... all use power to perform. Run out of power and you can't do anything but walk until the power refills (which makes you an easy target). So the key to success is using the abilities at the right time and in short bursts. It really adds a lot to how you approach a particular situation and makes you think. And the more you use the faster power drains. Try running and jumping to a ledge while cloaked. You won't make it 25ft before your out of power. Pretty sweet once you get used to it and adds a nice balance to the power abilities.

Overall the game feels like a COD/Halo hybrid. Cloaking, armor, hologram and a few more things are ripped from Halo but the game-play feels a lot like COD. The game takes place in modern times so there are no crazy weapons (aside from the awesome Nano suit). Just good old fashioned guns like the M60 and SCAR (assault, sniper, shotgun and heavy weapons). You get XP for every kill and unlock "perks" and weapons as you progress through the ranks. You can unlock equipment like fashbangs and attachments from your gun. Silencer, scope, noob tube etc... You also unlock dog tag stuff which is like the player cards from Black Ops (new backgrounds etc...). You also have kill streaks set at 3, 5 and 7 kills. Kill streaks are assigned by the game and are different from round to round depending on the map and gamemode. Basically if you like COD but are looking for something different, this is the game to have. It like a perfect blend of Halo and COD but still manages to feel like it's own game too.

Crysis 2 is just a really well made game and feels polished and solid. Online play was seamless and lag free. We got a party together and was able to easily get into games right away with NO drama. The party stayed together and never dropped. We only had a few problems last night. Twice a lobby dropped and both times we all ended back in my host lobby. Re-searched for a new match and we were back in action. No crashes, no extra invites. The third problem had us join a game just starting and Easy was on the other team. The next round it put him back on our team and we never had to back out. It was soooooo nice to be able to do that (you Homefront guys know what I'm talking about).

OK, I could go on but I think I have covered the basics and I am sure most of you are tired of reading by now. The bottom line is that this game is amazing! Buy it! NOW!

Final score based off my experience last night? A solid 9/10.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:13 pm

i would give it that as well zak a very nice well rounded game
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:32 pm

So let me get this straight....your saying it's a good game? LOL
I played a little single player last night and liked it a lot. Would of stuck around but dog tired from a crazy few days. I'll be on tonight and try MP
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:33 pm

Jeez...I haven't even played the demo and 'Septor is already back with a book about the gameplay...LOL

Guess I'm getting slow in my older age. Anyway, I'll play the demo and see what all the fuss is about. If it's that great I'll get it. I know AirCav told me awhile back how great it was but I still never got around to it...Homefront either.

Too much MLB2K11!!! cheers
And I like it
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:42 pm

Yes, you could say that I like the game.

Funny thing about the demo. I DL'd it a long time ago and never actually played it. I was busy playing other games and never got around to it LOL! Ended up just buying the game sight unseen. Fortunately I was pleased with the results.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:11 pm

Awesome game all around. Should be noted that there are some upgrades for your suit that drastically reduce power consumption for the different
armor abilities.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:32 pm

S7 Zalacious wrote:Awesome game all around. Should be noted that there are some upgrades for your suit that drastically reduce power consumption for the different
armor abilities.
i am running the one for mas armor right now lol
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:04 am

MEOW MEOW MEOW

S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Middy Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:02 am

I thought the demo was ok at best and wasn't hype about it, but after watching the reviews of crysis 2, I'm sold. Gonna try to get it this weekend.

S7 Middy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Middy

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:49 pm

S7 Middy wrote:I thought the demo was ok at best and wasn't hype about it, but after watching the reviews of crysis 2, I'm sold. Gonna try to get it this weekend.

I would definitely say it is worth at least a rental. check it out and see if you like it. We are having a blast playing and there is no ghay online pass needed so rentals are good to go.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:51 pm

I'll try and get on tonight....again! Been working late and tired...all the time!
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:49 pm

Great write up Interseptor. I just got in late last night, and didn't get to go by and pick up my copy today. I should have it tomorrow for some late night playing- Can't wait!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:16 am

S7 Middy wrote:I thought the demo was ok at best and wasn't hype about it, but after watching the reviews of crysis 2, I'm sold. Gonna try to get it this weekend.
same here
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:02 pm

I must agree with the reviewers here- Crysis owns! I'm only level 15 right now, but still having a great time. It really is hard to compare it to Homefront, as the feel is totally different. It's like if COD was the middle of the spectrum from big team battles to small squad skirmishes, and Crysis and Homefront are on the opposite ends. I'm glad I have both, as they are both there own flavors.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:37 am

Got it Saturday. COD/Halo hybrid is a good description. Different than homefront... like Miller said, I'm glad I got both.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Interseptor gave a really good review on the game, so I wanted to offer up my feelings on it. (For those who might still need some convincing)

I played some serious Crysis this weekend, as I needed to catch up only buying the game Friday evening. It’s pretty easy to play, as it is very good and thoroughly addicting. I played mostly Free-For-All and Team Deathmatch at first, to better learn the levels and weapons. Plus I was on “Stand-by” to watch a movie with the wife, and didn’t want to get into team games and have to drop out. I had a late night Saturday, and the games we played as a clan were the best by far. It’s pretty easy to get good teamwork on a 6 vs. 6 game, and for the most part we rolled the competition (we did get thumped pretty bad once).

I think I mentioned this the other night- but this is the game Halo should have become. Think about the original Halo on the original Xbox, and how it has evolved 4 games later to Reach on 360. Really, there hasn’t been a ton of advancement. Then think about COD2 that released with the 360 to four games later with Black Ops- that is some significant advancement. Master Chief and his armor should have advanced in the way the nano-suit is. That’s why you see the Halo+COD comparisons. It feels like its Halo on steroids. I don’t know why, but I feel like I am playing a supped-up modded version of Halo. Maybe it’s just my dream of what Halo should have become every time I was let down by the supposed “advances” to the Halo games (See Halo 3 and Reach). Honestly, why couldn’t you have changed the graphics of the suit, and the enemy to the covenant (though I haven’t played single player, so I’m talking mainly multi) and made this a badass advanced Halo game? The weapon selection is a bit limited (like Halo) but each gun has its purpose, and the variety of attachments make for several options. Seriously, why would I need 5 different LMG’s? LMG is a heavy weapon with a large clip, Check. Or 6 SMG’s- SMG = highly mobile with high rate of fire, Check. The weapon selection disappointed me at first, but now I see it’s not a big deal as they have balanced it very well.

I thought the game would be a bit slower than COD, but it is just as fast or faster. Your character is highly mobile, with the sprints, slides, power jumps, and ledge grabbing making traversing the map as fun as fighting in the battles.

Plus I like the whole notion of the resource management, from ammo to energy. It really makes you “play” your character, and not just go guns a blazen’. I know it’s cheesy, but I feel more connected to my character with the energy management and perks I have added than in other games. The only thing to top it would be some cosmetic customization. I spend as much time thinking about how to keep my character alive as on defeating the enemy. In other games that is a second thought, and it’s more of shoot them first then fall back later if I need to heal. In Crysis I am constantly monitoring my characters condition.

As mentioned in previous posts, the graphics are top notch and the level designs are great. Lots of hiding places and high ledges for snipers and cloaked killers, and multi-tiered platforms and corridors with obstacles for those on the move.

They only negative I have with this game is the seemingly bad host selection and random lag. It’s funny, as it doesn’t have the “stutter” like lag you see in most games, but the lag is there and your shots and timing are way off. Normally getting in a good game is not that big of a problem, but the host seems to switch often so you can go from a lag free to a lag filled game between rounds rather easily.

Most of all the game is just fun. From the customization, level design, and feel of the character model- it’s fun. Running, jumping, scaling walls, sliding under barricades, kicking cars- fun stuff. Long range sniping, armored head on battles, to silent stealth kills- fun! All in all a great game, and one I would recommend to everyone.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:44 pm

Nice write up Miller. And I agree on the Lag. It's strange because you don't actually see the lag. It's smooth on you screen but it's there. Like you'll shoot a guy and he dies like 1 sec later, after you stop shooting. But no jumping or glitching. Kind of strange because you sometimes don't know that your lagging.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down