Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC 127 - Penn V. Fitch

:: General :: Sports

Go down

UFC 127 - Penn V. Fitch Empty UFC 127 - Penn V. Fitch

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:44 am

From the Acer Arena in Sydney, Australia

Results and Thoughts...

BJ Penn V. Jon Fitch -

Round 1 - BJ comes out strong lands a couple takedowns and had Fitch's back (10-9 Penn)
Round 2 - Close round very back and forth. BJ took Fitch's back again, but loses the position. Fitch beats on BJ from the guard for the last minute of the round. (Very close round, 10-9 Penn)
Round 3 - Fitch with the takedown seconds into the round and pounds on BJ in the guard the entire round. (10-9 Fitch)

My card had it 29-28 BJ... but i can understand a 10-8 3rd round for Fitch... knowing the judges and how bad MMA judges can be I figured a Split Decision for Fitch...

Majority Draw: 29-28 Fitch, 28-28, 28-28 - 15 minutes of fighting... with nothing gained... FAIL

Michael Bisping V. Jorge Rivera -

Round 1 - Bisping takes down Rivera, can't hold him down. Rivera hits Bisping with a strong straight right hand and rocked him with it. Bisping lands another takedown, but Rivera escapes and pushes him away and goes to stand. Bisping lands a VERY ILLEGAL knee to Rivera's head, with both of Rivera's knees on the ground. The ref steps in, Rivera was so out of it... (In my mind the fight should have been stopped right there). He was given time to recover and the fight doctor OKed the fight to be restarted but Rivera was never really back. A point was taken from Bisping.

Honestly, Bisping is a scum bag and it looked like it was 100% on purpose. There was a lot of crap talked prefight and it looked like Bisping tried to take the cheap way out of a fight he basically said he was too good for...

Fight restarts, another Bisping takedown... round ends. (9-9 Draw due to point deduction)

Round 2 - Rivera looks tired and just out of it still... They trade for the first 30 seconds but clearly that knee is still bothering Rivera. Bisping swarms, Rivera covers up but just too much damage had been done and the ref stops the fight...

Bisping by 2nd Round TKO - After the fight, Bisping continues being the douche bag we've all known he is, demanding Rivera says sorry for things he said hyping the fight... completely out of line, Rivera was just trying to sell a fight (and 99% of what he said was spot on)

I really hope Bisping gets the "fight he deserves" with someone like Chael Sonnen or Yushin Okami that will just beat his ass... so tired of listening to this guy, someone needs to shut him up...

S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

UFC 127 - Penn V. Fitch Empty Re: UFC 127 - Penn V. Fitch

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:59 am

George Sotiropoulos vs. Dennis Siver

Didn't think Siver had any chance of winning this fight...

Sotiropoulos
on a huge win streak and had not lost in 5 years,
clearly a more well rounded fighter,
much better on the ground,
great submissions...

Siver
World class striker
Former German Kickboxing Champion
Awesome spinning back kick (Example: Below)
UFC 127 - Penn V. Fitch 2v9x0l4

Siver - Decision Victory (29-28, 30-28 and 30-27)

VERY surprising for me, Siver's takedown defense was off the charts tonight and chopped Sotiropoulos with leg kicks... Great to see such an entertaining fighter get the win
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:22 am

Chris Lytle V. Brian Ebersole

Ebersole (making his UFC debut) was a late add for this fight, Lytle was to be fighting Carlos Condit, but an injury forced him out of the fight.

Both fighters very experienced over 40 wins for each.

Round 1 - Ebersole trys a cartwheel kick seconds into the fight... LOL... He's is a very strange fighter, very odd style. They stand a trade, Lytle gets a hold of a guillotine and pulls guard, most of the round is in this position. Lytle can't finish the fight... (10-9 Lytle)

Round 2 - They trade nothing special... out of nowhere Ebersole lands a HUGE right knee to Lytle's chin. He goes limp for a moment but grabs a leg and holds on, Ebersole finishes the round on top... (10-9 Ebersole)

Round 3 - Ebersole tries his cartwheel kick, FAIL... Lytle lands a combo takes down Ebersole. Lytle blooded up from earlier in the fight. Goes for a guillotine again, can't finish it. The round ends with Ebersole on top not doing much... Close Round (10-9 Lytle)

I had it 29-28 Lytle

Ebersole by Decision - 29-28, 29-28, 30-27
29-28 can understand, Judges are dumb and the fact that Lytle was bloodied up in Round 2 just carried over to Round 3, so in a round as close as that, I can understand why they might lean to Ebersole.

30-27?!?!?! what on Earth was this idiot watching, I mean seriously, this is why you can allow a fight to go to the judges under the current MMA system, they are former boxing officials and they still dont understand positional control and near submissions etc...
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:45 am

Some quick thoughts on other fights...

Kyle Noke vs. Chris Camozzi
Noke destroyed Camozzi, had him mounted 60 seconds in and wins by Rear Naked Choke in less than 2... impressive fight.

Alexander Gustafsson vs. James Te Huna
Gustafsson wins by Rear Naked choke in the last minute of the 1st round. I dunno if he can hang with the big boys at 205, his only loss was to Phil Davis who is just blowing up the ranks atm. I would like to see him fight a Tim Boetsch, Krzysztof Soszynski, or Brandon Vera to see just where his skills are.

Tie Quan Zhang vs. Jason Reinhardt
145 Pound fights are so entertaining... Zhang wins by guillotine and puts Reinhardt to sleep in less than a minute. Zhang, one of the few fighters to come out of China, is a hell of a fighter, period.
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: General :: Sports