Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza 3 Late Night Series Discussion

+5
S7 Epic
Atrum
S7 Sticky
PhoenixAsh12
S7 Interseptor
9 posters

Go down

Forza 3 Late Night Series Discussion Empty Forza 3 Late Night Series Discussion

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:31 pm

OK, so lets talk it out and see what works. My thoughts are to have a separate late night series for the guys who can't normally make the regular season. The idea is to have a completely different series that is self-contained. It would not conflict or in any other way interfere with the Regular Season Championship. We would have our own Races, our own Records and our own Season Standings. Tentative time slot would be every other Friday at Midnight (eastern time). Sound good? Let me know what you think and who all would be interested in playing.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Forza 3 Late Night Series Discussion Empty Re: Forza 3 Late Night Series Discussion

Post by PhoenixAsh12 Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:48 pm

Oh I am so in...midnight Friday nights are perfect.
PhoenixAsh12
PhoenixAsh12
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : PSN & XBOX ONE:PhoenixAsh12

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Forza 3 Late Night Series Discussion Empty Re: Forza 3 Late Night Series Discussion

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Right on! Obviously, so am I...
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:26 pm

hey i am down to play late night as well might help me with work being a little weird because of holidays
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:44 pm

That's what I'm talking about! Who else?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:48 pm

really i think the only one that might not be able to do this is glock as he is working nights and mybe epic IDk what the time difference is
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:17 pm

I certainly hope that we get a good turnout. It is always more fun with a full room. We also need to decide exactly what we are going to race. Like, do we want to race a series like we are doing now? (i.e. F, E, D, C, B, A & S) Or do we just want to have crazy challenges? (i.e. Muscle Cars, RWD, Rice Burners etc...)

If you guys want we can get together for a meeting to discuss as well.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:20 pm

If it's not related to the main series I'd like to do fun types of races. 2v2v2v2 would be pretty cool, or any team races in general. I've always thought it'd be fun to do a no hold no bars type race with 2 teams so it really ends up being whoever doesnt get wrecked out haha.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:26 pm

I'm pretty much down for anything but I also want to make sure the late night guys get the full experience too. So maybe we can find a mix of having fun and serious racing?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:09 pm

If it's a friday then i'd probably be able to attend a few. I usually go out saturdays instead.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:25 pm

I would actually be in for this... i have 4 days off every other weekend (once i go back to work...) so if its on my off weekends i would join in for parts of it if not the whole thing...

To be honest I would think something like we're only allow to run for the championship in one series of something... like if you race both you have to take a point deduction in one or you need a different car for each series... some penalty for racing in a second series
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:30 am

I would like to get the late night races started sometime in January so stay tuned for more info. I'd also like to get together with some of you and chat. figure out exactly what we want to do and discuss some of the ideas in this thread.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:36 pm

I thinking about buying the ce forza , now what are rules when u race, I heard that there is no blocking or bumping!
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:40 pm

DROOPYmcC00L wrote:I thinking about buying the ce forza , now what are rules when u race, I heard that there is no blocking or bumping!

Well, kinda. We encourage clean fair racing and do not allow straight up hitting. Bumping always happens, especially in close races. As long as it's light and unintentional, your all good. What we don't want is dirty racing, smashing into someone at full speed, intentionally p.i.t.'ing, etc...

As for blocking, it kinda depends. If someone is clearly faster than you and calls out that he is passing, you should let him go and not be an ass. If the race is close and your in the lead going into the final straight a little blocking is fine.

Basically, this is a Sim racer and we want everyone to have a good time. Race clean and you'll be fine. If your looking to bash the competition you are better off with something like NFS or Burnout.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:51 pm

So it's like NASCAR, the person with the fastest, best built car wins? I understand the no hitting but without blocking ya kinda don't stand a chance if ya have a weaker car, might have to just rent it and try it out then
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:03 pm

It really comes down to driving skill more than the car but yes, it is like real racing. Not so much NASCAR as we have different cars with different spec (not stock setting) and we turn left AND right but your analogy is not far off.

Think of it more as GT racing. Faster cars/drivers go by uncontested and generally "block" the racers that are racing at your skill/speed. Frankly, it is a lot of fun and there is always someone "you" are racing with/against.

I'd say at least rent it and see if you like it. But hell, at $30 for the ultimate edition it's hard not to just buy it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:12 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:. But hell, at $30 for the ultimate edition it's hard not to just buy it.
ya thats what I was thinking, prob pic it up a Best buy on fri
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:26 pm

Not true with lots of turns and straights the driver skill tends to play the most on who wins

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:11 pm

S7 OC wrote:Not true with lots of turns and straights the driver skill tends to play the most on who wins

Yeah, I don't practice that often anymore and it comes through in the results, but when we get on the tracks that I play a lot, I always do a lot better, so long as I have a decent car. I tend to go for grip as opposed to speed.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:47 pm

Sorry for not posting earlier but I would be down for for a late night forza series. Count me in.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:38 am

The more the merrier. I'd like to get things rolling here so I am going to set up our first official Race Night!!! Details coming soon...
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down