Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of getting the iPad....

+5
S7 Interseptor
S7 DROOPY
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 OC
S7 K1ll3rKlown
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thinking of getting the iPad.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of getting the iPad....

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:19 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Also, the whole thing is linked to your iTunes account, so as long as you sync it to your PC all movies, songs, apps, photos, books etc... will be saved on your PC. You can freely move what you want on and off using your PC as a storage hub. No problem.

Very Happy GREAT! and thanks...
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Thinking of getting the iPad.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of getting the iPad....

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:41 am

Ok I have a question. Forgive me if you're already tired of answering my crap LOL, but I was downloading free apps from the itunes store in preparation and I'm wondering will apps that say iphone or ipod touch still "play" and display properly on the iPad? Some will say compatible with all, but do they really work? Question
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:59 am

The ones that say iphone or ipod will work but the image on your ipad will remain the same size as if it were on the ipod. It will also give you the option to going into x2 zoom to make it more full screen but will asa result be slightly pixelated. The one that say works for both will have both screen sizes incoorperated so you will not have to use the x2 zoom to fit full screen on the ipad. In reverse though the ipad apps will not work on iphones and ipod touches if it is an ipad only app.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:19 am

You're a life saver...remind me to "gift" you a few apps for Xmas sir!
Thanks again.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:36 am

A good rule is to look for the "+" symbol on the buy button. If it have the "+" it will work for all devices. Also "HD" apps are generally for the iPad. For example - "Angry Birds" is for the iPhone, "Angry Birds HD" is for the iPad.

iPad versions of apps are generally better then the iPhone counterparts.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:39 am

Also - If your searching for apps on the iPad (actually using the iPad to search on iTunes) it will separate apps for you automatically. Apps appearing on the top half of the page are for the iPad, apps appearing on the bottom are for iPhone. So, if it's up top, you are good to go.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:40 pm

Thanks again Interseptor. You're slowly turning that "Dark Horse" label into a myth..LOL

It should arrive tomorrow, but I think I'll wait until Christmas morning to actually open / update/ add apps, etc. It'll give me that feeling of running downstairs all googly eyed again like a kid with a new toy bounce
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Well? How do you like it so far?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:11 pm

In a word? Amazing!!
I knew it would be cool, but not this cool. No jailbreak but I am thinking of changing the browser from safari to Skyfire or atomic browser though. I'll give it a few more weeks but I think a browser like browser Duo would do a better job and have better functionality.

http://appchronicles.com/04/3-ipad-alternative-browsers-to-safari-for-a-richer-internet-experience/

S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:21 am

Interesting. I have been using the Safari browser and I am perfectly happy with it. And while I rarely have a problem running into Flash videos, it would really be nice to have the option to see those vids. I may just have to check Sykfire out.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Yeah...me too.
Using the iPad here on the forums now and it flows and looks great. No problems anywhere thus far. As an owner now, I can finally see what you guys were seeing previously. It'll help me in troubleshooting any issues with the forums. Dude, I'm loving this thing! Smile
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:28 am

Here is a nice little article I saw today on IGN - http://wireless.ign.com/articles/114/1142165p1.html

It outlines 7 top quality games. Of then I have played...

Osmos - Friggin great game and I highly recommend it! Probably one of my favorites on the iPad.
Mirrors Edge - Also a great game and really fun to play.
Infinity Blade - Once again an amazing game and one of the best looking titles available. The only down side is that it is a little repetitive.

I am DL'ing World of Goo right now and it also looks to be a solid game as well. Just thought you might like the suggestions.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Yep...thank you sir!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:39 pm

I'm gonna have to check out world of goo. It looks cool. I've also tried...

The classics - scrabble, monopoly, risk, life,
Dungeon Hunter 1 & 2
Real Racing
Real Soccer

Btw - Zak, downloaded Osmos and world of goo based on your recommendations...they're so addictive...I hate you! ;-)
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:43 pm

I've been playing osmos and world of goo along with reading a few newly downloaded books --all which are great. But I've also taken to Sim Deluxe. Not sure if you guys are into the whole farmville, We City type games where you basically build a city road-by-road from your imagination and watch as it thrives (or fails completely). Sim City was one of the first PC games I had literally in the Windows 3.1 days. Addictive and a lot of fun. The iPad really gives it a totally different feeling than the PC could.

**Also the reviews on itunes will say plenty of people are having a problem with the EA game and that it crashes. I've played non-stop for the last 4-5 days and it has NEVER crashed on me. Not sure what they're doing or how they uploaded the game, etc. but I've had no problems!