Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moss back to the Vikings?

4 posters

:: General :: Sports

Go down

Moss back to the Vikings? Empty Moss back to the Vikings?

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:13 am

So if the Pats do send Moss back to the Vikings... what do you think they're going to get for him...?

Clearly, Moss has been going down hill since the start of the season... his attitude has gone down the crapper too... the effort just isnt there anymore...

Personally, I think this is actually kind of smart... we do loss that deep ball threat, however if the plan was to not resign him anyways... then this is smart to at least get something out of him before he's gone...

If they got a 1st Round pick out of it... i think its gonna be a top 15 or so... i don't see the Vikings even making the playoffs this year... there is a lot in the draft of positions the Pats could use... especially at DE and OL... (with the Logan Mankins issues still it could be a good chance to get a replacement)

If they get something with a 2nd Rounder in the deal... there is a lot of solid WR coming in the next draft including Niles Paul of Nebraska and Austin Pettis of Boise St.

just a thought...
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Moss back to the Vikings? Empty Re: Moss back to the Vikings?

Post by S7 OC Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:47 am

I agree wiggles I thing it is a smart move to get something for him now while they can. The Vikings offered a 2nd and a 3rd to the Chargers to get vincent jackson so I would expect more for Moss.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:44 pm

Or not they only got a 3rd rounder. I guess they really wanted to get rid of moss.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:55 pm

You beat me to the post/answer. 3rd round dude. His attitude was downhill...that first game interview was like ??what?? he's mad because Brady got his check. Question

But at the same time, now that he's gone don't pretend like he was washed up (remember the immaculate reception against the Jets/Revis just 2 wks ago?) I hate it when fans try to immediately justify what could potentially be a big loss. Plus, you guys have to face Moss later...maybe a bad day for you, since he's going to wanna show you up. The Favre/Moss combo could be all the Viking needed.

The Pats have no real running game, and now you diminish the receiving corps and will depend on unproven young players (certainly none like Moss). The defense is no longer the greatest...so you're happy because of what exactly?

From the outside looking in, your chances just got slim.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:57 pm

Moss was past his prime and nothing but pissy... we'll be fine
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:25 pm

Klown I agree he is still one of the best deep threats if not the best in the game. But with that said reports are he was becoming really bad in the locker room and that is not good to influence all the young guys they have now. I think the Pats run game is better than last year. Yes they have now big threat runner but they have been doing well in the past few weeks even against your Dolphins with there back ups.(fred taylor did not play) I think this will get the pats offense back to the way they were when they won the super bowls with out Moss. Guys like Brandon Tate and Julian Edelman will be seeing more time on the field wich I really think these two young guys and the pats 2 rookie TE are going to be plenty of fire power along with Welker doing what he does. Yes Moss did open thinks up even if he didn't get the ball much because he was double covered but I think defenses will double cover welker and leave other things open to the young wr and te. None the less it will be interesting

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:18 pm

Sure Moss is a whiny punk, but he's a whiny punk that can play better than most receivers in the league. The Pats will miss his big play capabilities on the field, if not his attitude in the locker room. And the match up between the Vikes and Pats could prove interesting. The trade seems to be mutually beneficial. We'll see how Moss plays this year and next.
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:18 pm

S7 Jwriter wrote:Sure Moss is a whiny punk, but he's a whiny punk that can play better than most receivers in the league.

when he wants to play... and he didnt WANT to play anymore in New England
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:30 am

S7 Wiggles78 wrote:
S7 Jwriter wrote:Sure Moss is a whiny punk, but he's a whiny punk that can play better than most receivers in the league.

when he wants to play... and he didnt WANT to play anymore in New England

This is true...he does take plays, even games off. This is one of those childish aspects of WR Princesses. If he doesn;t get what he wants, he'll pick up his toys (skills) and go home.
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down