Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If They Came to Hear Me Beg Achievement

+7
S7 mrmiller
S7 Nate
S7 Vision67
S7 Sticky
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Epic
S7 Coolhand
11 posters

Go down

If They Came to Hear Me Beg Achievement Empty If They Came to Hear Me Beg Achievement

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:39 pm

By far the toughest achievement in the game IMO. I spent an hour jumping off a cliff yesterday dieing over and over... I succeeded in the assassination 4-5 times but I either hadn't canceled the sprint in time / wasn't high enough up for it to count. I can't seem to get the distance I need and cancel sprint in time... very very frustrating...

Spoiler in this box:
Spoiler:

Have you earned this achievement? If so, how long did it take you? Do you have any hints or tips for the rest of us?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

If They Came to Hear Me Beg Achievement Empty Re: If They Came to Hear Me Beg Achievement

Post by S7 Epic Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:58 pm

Get a jetpack.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

If They Came to Hear Me Beg Achievement Empty Re: If They Came to Hear Me Beg Achievement

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:59 pm

hrm interesting - I don't think there's one on that level but I could try it on Exodus... thanks Epic!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:02 pm

Saw the "tip" on the dashboard for this. You have to do it from that level and you can't use a jetpack from what they said. The jetpack will come in for the "low flying banshee" achievement however...which I still need as well. Sad
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:05 pm

there is no jetpack

there is a video on the dash about this but it shows that your doing it right must be at least normal or higher.

S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:28 pm

Eh, that wasn't that hard. I just got it in 10 tries on heroic. Now to do the banshee achieve.
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:35 pm

S7 Vision67 wrote:Eh, that wasn't that hard. I just got it in 10 tries on heroic. Now to do the banshee achieve.

i tried again still not getting it

i get the dam assassination but not the achievement
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:38 pm

Same here. :*(

The banshee one was easy for me - first try. But this one is d@mn near impossible to me.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:30 am

it wouldn't let me hijack the banshee on exodus. i kept flying in with the jetback and the part where the three banshees do a couple of runs before getting pwned.

am i missing something??
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:47 am

S7 Tico wrote:it wouldn't let me hijack the banshee on exodus. i kept flying in with the jetback and the part where the three banshees do a couple of runs before getting pwned.

am i missing something??

Skill.

lol!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:04 am

S7 Tico wrote:it wouldn't let me hijack the banshee on exodus. i kept flying in with the jetback and the part where the three banshees do a couple of runs before getting pwned.

am i missing something??
Yeah, you can't do it on Exodus (because having a banshee would make the level way easier).

Try it on Tip of the Spear - just before you get to the Spire you will see some huge boulders you can climb up. Do it fast or your buddy will kill them with his turret. There are tons of jetpacks laying around by the downed Falcons. Good luck!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:57 am

S7 Coolhand wrote:

am i missing something??
Yeah, you can't do it on Exodus (because having a banshee would make the level way easier).

Try it on Tip of the Spear - just before you get to the Spire you will see some huge boulders you can climb up. Do it fast or your buddy will kill them with his turret. There are tons of jetpacks laying around by the downed Falcons. Good luck!

i got mine when you have to hold down out side of halseys base over charge the plasma pistol that will gets them to drop from the sky took me like 3 trys
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:01 pm

I have under my file share me getting the assassination on the elite. I thought it would help the people that still don't have the achievement to go through in slow motion to understand what I did to make it work.

It only took me 4:48 second to get it
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:00 am

Thanks Panzer. I'll check it out. BTW in my file share are three videos showing me assassinating the elite and getting jackshit. I've successfully done it over a dozen times and still nothing Sad Hopefully your video will show me something I can do differently.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:20 am

I must have jumped of that cliff over 100 times. I did the same coolhand, had 2 cool head stomping assassinations with no achieveo, then it popped on the 3rd. I also got 2 assasinations on grunts- lol.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:27 am

I got mine, assassination of the elite achievement on heroic. You have to just keep trying, run, jump, deactivate soon but with good distance, I used the pistol reticule to aim on the drop...try to land on or near his head, time your melee, I kept hitting it too soon. Finally cracked his neck at the right free fall height.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:03 pm

Got it today after 15 more deaths on the 2nd successful assassination. The animation was one I hadn't seen before where I basically ground n pounded him, like a tackle and then punches to the face. Finally done = extremely happy bout that!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:37 am

I got it on my play through last night. Got it on about my sixth try or so. Just got lucky I guess.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:12 am

Haven't been able to get this d@mn thing yet Mad I can get the distance/height but not the achievement. I must be doing something wrong. I always get frustrated and just head back to slayer after about 20-30 attempts. Will try again tonight maybe (Rd. #1 of the ALDS is at 20:00).
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:26 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Haven't been able to get this d@mn thing yet Mad I can get the distance/height but not the achievement. I must be doing something wrong. I always get frustrated and just head back to slayer after about 20-30 attempts. Will try again tonight maybe (Rd. #1 of the ALDS is at 20:00).
just keep trying to cancel the sprint at a higher and higher point while getting the successful assassination. I feel your pain. I literally yelled and high-fived the wifey when I finally got it.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Ajah Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:32 am

just read this on x-box forums, hope it helps clown
cheers,
Black

"If They Came To Hear Me Beg" -- Unlock it easily on NIGHTFALL

I got mine on the Pillar of Autumn on my second assassination. I didn't realize just how much trouble people were having with it until my wife couldn't unlock it at all on hers. So I figured since I got it so easily I could show the old wifey up.

LOL

I must have made at least 200 attempts on her profile. It got to where I could pretty much assassinate the dude at will. I checked my sprint. I tried Black Eye. I was for sure heading to a fatal drop off that cliff. I kept stomping his shiny head and nothing.

Tried it on Nightfall. Bam. Less than ten attempts. Second successful assassination, Achievement.

So:

Load Nightfall on Legendary, local split-screen co-op.

Go through the first few motions. Kill that targeted Elite that Jun tells you to take out "quietly." Sometimes when you do it the Grunts will startle, which will ruin it for you right there. I found rather quickly that coming at him obliquely-- from his far left-- will give you an assassination that does not wake up the two grunts.
Kill the grunts.
Make your way along the ledge slowly. You should be passing by a dozing camp of alien tools, the ones you need to avoid waking when you take out that first Elite. Wait until you get the checkpoint along the ledge. Backtrack a little bit. Look down. Watch the Elite's patterns for a moment, line up your jump.
Jump.
Stomp the dude.
Achievement Unlocked. (Not my vid, just shows exactly where to go, what to do.)

TRIVIA!

The fall isn't fatal. The few times I missed, my shields took barely a hit. You can use as much sprint as you want to control your trajectory. You don't need Black Eye. I had one assassination that didn't get the achievement, but I'm fairly certain I landed on a Grunt's head that was slumbering directly behind the standing Elite. When you're scoping it all out, you'll see what I mean.

So all this noise about gotta do it just right, timing is everything, gotta be in true free-fall... it's all BS. None of that applies to this one for some reason. Basically all you're doing is lining up a shot and taking the plunge. You don't need to agonize over it. Just do it.

* Doing it by oneself on Normal or Heroic doesn't yield an Elite for you to kill. Legendary apparently does. Use split-screen to keep your immobile guest back at the beginning of the mission. This for some reason dissuades Jun from powerhousing forward and saying "be a stealth hero, kill them all quietly" before booming with his sniper rifle and waking up the planet. This is just the safe way of doing it; you might very well be able to do it single-player.

* If you miss, just load the checkpoint.

If this is by now common knowledge, disregard this post and don't bump it needlessly with "old news" or "we know." I did search and found a thread from the 24th which detailed all the needless rubbish that you DON'T have to do. Fire Fawx's achievement guide (which is pretty d@mn good imo) doesn't offer this alternative either.

All I can surmise is that I was for some reason extremely lucky to get it when I did on PoA. But it appears to have been a fluke and nothing more.

So, give it a shot on Nightfall. You'll get it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Earnest Hemingway once wrote, 'The world is a fine place, and worth fighting for.' I agree with the second part."

Black Ajah
Black Ajah
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Black Ajah

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:36 am

Thanks, will give it a shot.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down