Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big 12 es no mas?!

5 posters

:: General :: Sports

Go down

Big 12 es no mas?! Empty Big 12 es no mas?!

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:38 pm

Colorado is going to the PAC-10.
Rumor is some will be going to the PAC, some to the MAC. This all started when Missouri started whining about not wanting to be in the Big 12 - they rattled their cage a lot but no other conference was interested in picking them up. Baylor (the only private school in the Big 12) says they want to go where ever the other Texas teams go, but really I think they should be in the same conference as Rice and Tulsa. A&M says they will be whereever Texas is. OSU is trying to make a deal somewhere but I don't think many are interested in them. KU, KSU, and Iowa State will probably join the Mid America Conference.

What really gets me is Texas teams may end up in the PAC when they technically have Atlantic Ocean borders, not Pacific. But it's all about money, not logic. Bigger conferences mean that fans of any one team will follow more games and teams because it will impact their team. I think it is total garbage.

No word on the SEC picking up any teams, but that is the only place I see OU and Texas landing - I hate the PAC-1? and it would make no sense geographically to make us travel to Washington State. Sort of like how the OKC Thunder are in the NW division in the NBA. What rumors have you heard? What do you think of this scramble?

Last edited by S7 Coolhand on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Big 12 es no mas?! Empty Re: Big 12 es no mas?!

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:49 pm

I heard on the radio today that Nebreska is leaving for sure and that USC got banned from any bowl game for two years...I dislike USC almost as much as I do Tex-ass
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:04 pm

Stuff I have been hearing is in the lines of:

The PAC 10 will become a new super conference if this all works out (and may get a new name) and will have 16 teams, with a "East" division of OU, OSU, Texas, A&M, TTech, Colorado, Az and Az State.

If ND doesn't go to the Big 10, they are most likely to grab Missouri to go with Nebraska.

That leaves the Kansas, K-State, Iowa State, and Baylor (and possibly Missouri) in a bad position to find a conference.

Honestly, I think the Big 12 should just sluff off Colorado and Nebraska if they want to go, and pick up two more teams. Most likely that would be Houston and TCU , and the new "south" division would be all Texas teams and everything North of the Red River would be the new "North". I would much rather see a more northern team like Tulsa get in, so OU could stay in the south and keep the OU/Texas game an annual event. Icing on the cake would be to steal some teams like AZ and AZ State, or even Arkansas, and make the big 12 even stronger. Plus I would rather keep it regional, so the fans can attend ll the games. How crazy would every Texas team's games be with a "Texas south" division? I know Houston and Tech are really far apart, but that is still better than UT and Nebraska or Iowa State was.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Also, here is a great article on how greed by the "BCS power schools" is killing college football, and possibly did in the big 12.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-expansion060610

The thing is, everyone knows the BCS sucks, so why is this any type of surprise?

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:24 am

I think this could be awesome from a Nebraska Football Fan's view... Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, (Notre Dame if they join)...

this is AWESOME games closer to me... more TV coverage, hell they already have the Big Ten Network on my cable system... all in all, this would be a huge plus for me just looking at it from a fan's view..
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:08 am

I am a Georgia Bulldog and from where I look expansion in the SEC is not a good thing. It takes an already brutal conference schedule that includes Fla, Ala, LSU, Auburn, Tenn and turns it into a real suicide mission.

I have hopes the SEC stays the same although if we are going to expand I say get Clemson, and VA Tech in the east and FSU and Miami from the South.
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:36 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:Also, here is a great article on how greed by the "BCS power schools" is killing college football, and possibly did in the big 12.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-expansion060610

The thing is, everyone knows the BCS sucks, so why is this any type of surprise?

~mrmiller
Great article - it cleared up a lot of confusion I had.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: General :: Sports

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum